Author Topic: Obviously No-one Here Wants My Parts!  (Read 963 times)

Offline newmember

Obviously No-one Here Wants My Parts!
« on: April 19, 2004, 11:42:57 AM »
Hi,

It seems obvious that no-one in this group wants to purchase my Dellorto progressive carb kit, air filter bolt on units or Sollex PICT 30 carb since I have received no offers.  Where else should I go to advertise them and get them sold?  There must be people out there who want this stuff.  Any reasonable offer will be accepted!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 11:45:33 AM »
you can sell parts on www.thesamba.com or on ebay, but i would go w/ thesamba.

good luck.

Offline newmember

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 03:57:19 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I don't want to do ebay cause of the shipping etc.  I wanted to stay local so I'll try what you suggest.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 06:44:29 PM »
thesamba.com isnt local, but it gets alot of traffic. i've bought and sold there and shipped parts without a hassle.

good luck.

Offline OUTKAST

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 07:08:51 PM »
Were you at the swapmeet on sunday ? Try putting a picture up with them sometimes that sparks an intrest . Good luck
later

Offline newmember

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 12:14:51 PM »

Thank you all for your many bits of advice.  

No, I was not at the swap.  I certainly thought about it, but my parts are so limited for VW/Porche that I thought that it wasn't worth it.  I actually have not dealt with VW's for years, specializing more in hot rodding old Ford & Chev and now restoring BMW.  I still have some old early 60's Chevelle and Impala parts (mostly lights, chrome stuff, air filters, etc.) that I am trying to get out my door as well as the speed parts for VW.  Not that much left.  If I don't sell this stuff soon, I will take it down to either the Monroe swap this spring or the one in Abbotsford (where I live) this fall.

Thanks again.