Author Topic: Bug - Electrical Problem  (Read 1119 times)

Offline suburbiana

• watershed photography
Bug - Electrical Problem
« on: September 18, 2005, 04:26:47 PM »
Hi, was hoping one of the members may be able to assist ... was tinkering with my headlight switch on my 66 Bug to try and figure out why I had no dash lights (still not fixed, but thats another story) - after reconnecting and hooking everything back up (and, yes, also the battery) I now have no power to the ignition (headlights do come on so I know the battery is connected) - won't even make a sound when you try to turn it over?

Anyone local (Surrey/Langley/Delta area) that would like to make some extra $$$ by troubleshooting this in my garage?

Thanks, Craig
'66 Seasand Bug - SOLD Feb '07

Offline dannyboy

Bug - Electrical Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 05:06:50 PM »
check the #30 wire on the wiper switch, make sure there is constant power at that terminal
for whatever reason vw routed the power for the ignition switch first through the headlight switch, so if thats not hooked up, nothing will really work.
HEREis a link for full color wiring diagrams to help you out...

Offline suburbiana

• watershed photography
Bug - Electrical Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 05:58:34 PM »
Thanks dannyboy! It was a loose #30 on the light switch - which ironically is another reason I pulled the switch in the first place. Thought I had everything seated correctly when I re-installed, but looks like that one wire is about 1/8\" too short ...
cheers!
Craig
'66 Seasand Bug - SOLD Feb '07