Author Topic: Paint Code Or Name  (Read 1531 times)

Offline HeliMike

Paint Code Or Name
« on: May 30, 2005, 12:27:11 PM »
After plowing into a F&$#ing trailer hitch  ]:( and crunching the hood on my square I now have some paint work to do but here's the problem:
I have no paint code to go ahead and order the paint. I have figured out that the poofy-pink paint on my car was actually a factory VW colour in the early-mid 90's becasue I've seen a handfull of Mk3 Jetta's and Golfs with it.
Does anyone have any idea what the code is, the name, or where to find out what it is?
Here's the pic of my car:

I know there's another colour somewhat close but it's quite a bit darker and a lot more purple.

Any ideas?
67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline rustybus

Paint Code Or Name
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 12:33:31 PM »
Most body shop supply stores can scan the paint with the help of a electric eye thingamajig .
I use it as earliy as 1994 . It matched the color perfect . I didn't need to blend :D  

Offline HeliMike

Paint Code Or Name
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 01:08:27 PM »
Most body shop supply stores can scan the paint with the help of a electric eye thingamajig .
I use it as earliy as 1994 . It matched the color perfect . I didn't need to blend :D
A spectrophotometer (sp?).  :rockon:
Thanks Chris, I forgot all about that thing and I used to work for a paint-supply company. [_[

Got 'er booked in for Thursday afternoon for the scan.
My that was easy. :wacko:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 01:08:52 PM by Gutterslug »
67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline surgerypending

Paint Code Or Name
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 05:03:36 PM »
I work for a paint manufacturer....I can shot it with the automatic and get you a match
Gerry
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Matt

Paint Code Or Name
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »
If you need a hood lemme know, I got two of 'em.  

Offline HeliMike

Paint Code Or Name
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 09:02:56 AM »
Thanks Gerry I'll keep that in mind if my buddy falls through.

And Matt, what do you want for one of those hoods? And do you happen to  have the nice chrome emblem to go with it?
67 Sunroof Beetle

Matt

Paint Code Or Name
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 03:56:08 PM »
I will dig them out and have a good look at both tomorrow when I get home from work, will let ya know.