Author Topic: 66 Turbo Beetle-Not 56k friendly  (Read 21032 times)

Offline owdlvr

• Dave Hord
    • Classic Car Adventures
Re: 66 Turbo Beetle-Not 56k friendly
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2011, 10:55:15 PM »
Good to see another project getting the dust removed.

Keep working!

-Dave
--
'71 Type 1 - Rally Car Project
'75 Type 1 - Heirloom
'95 F150 - Unfortunate daily driver...

32vsnake

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »
Good to see another project getting the dust removed.

Keep working!

-Dave

Still covered in dust! But it's getting there

Since the car was sitting for over a year I decided to pull the engine and rebuild it fresh. Got a start on it yesterday.

While I was in there I figured the tranny could use some attention...so I pulled the trigger today on a Rancho pro street box....pretty standard 4.12rp/ standard ratios/super diff/side plate/welded 3/4 and what not. Getting it through Rob @ AVR and it should be here in late January or early February.

If I keep going like this the car will be reduced back to a bare pan and shell in no time

32vsnake

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2011, 11:53:03 PM »
Some almost current deconstruction photos:

Got out to the garage on Sat and removed the rest of the engine from the car. I had hoped to start pulling the trans axle on Sunday, but Sat night the supercharger on my ranger stopped making boost for some reason. So I spent today screwing around with the truck...it looks like my bypass is failing to release....
 :roll:

32vsnake

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2012, 09:19:47 AM »
The car is back and I'm actually close at this point...Got the header wrap on the j-tubes, power bleeder gave me some brakes.. and now it's down to waiting for a throttle cable to show up from AVR

I've been cleaning the car up a bit and took a bunch more pics

32vsnake

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2012, 09:25:27 AM »
So for the first time in 2 years the car hit the road... what better way to test the car than a 4 hour there and back cruise to a car show in Nanaimo. Timing was off and the ignition's breaking up around 4500RPM and I think I have an air leak somewhere in the system

Not my pic (came off the Nanaimo club site)... but it is proof that my car can at least get out of the driveway  :lol: