Author Topic: Certificate Generator  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Thomas

Certificate Generator
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:40:37 AM »
Has anyone used the certificate generator on the Stiftung Volkswagen Auto Museum site as my computer is having trouble translating the German to English so filling out the form is a problem. Just want to know if anyone has used this and how it worked out for them? Thanks Thomas
58 Beetle

Offline Bubba

Re: Certificate Generator
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 10:59:53 PM »
Worked fine for me when I got mine about 3 years ago.
64 Beetle
86 Nissan Multi
81 Rabbit
90 Malibu Euro F3
94 H-D FXDWG

Any country that protects rights of criminals over rights of honest citizens is not worth living in.

Offline vwshawn

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 06:46:46 AM »
Worked great for me too!
shawn

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 07:35:43 AM »
You could also try emailing  Roswitha Hendel  at
extern.roswitha.hendel@volkswagen.de
I did that as I wasn't sure my paperwork had gone through. If you send her your car info and payment method it may be easier if the internet version isn't working for you.
Brian
brian waz

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 08:08:50 AM »
Got the Birth Certificate for the Single Cab last year. I copied and pasted the form into a German-English translater I found online.
Kinda strange though. They sent me a seperate letter saying that:
"for reasons of data protection it is not allowed for us to write the engine number in the certificate. However we can confirm you the originality seperately."
It really didn't make any sense to me, as there is a lot of info on the certificate. It's not like the engine is a minor that they need to protect it's identity....any thoughts??

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 08:21:49 AM »
oh oh Chris, this was a big topic on the samba for the old ones, where it seems the Museum is no longer putting original engine numbers on the certificates unless you provide them with yours, and they confirm it. The suggestion was that there was some liability issue where someone got an engine number from the museum, stamped it on a block and a buyer who got the car (with a certificate) was told it was original when it wasn't. Then the museum had to be involved because they had given proof that this engine (or at least that number) was original to the car. When I did mine for the Zwit in the summer, they sent me the birth certificate and then a separate letter to confirm that the numbers I provided matched their records for the car!

brian waz

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 10:47:54 AM »
On uncle lesters type 34 they confirmed it on a seperate piece just like brian said.
1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »
OK Brian, That makes some sense. I guess there are a limited number of unstamped cases around. They did confirm in the seperate letter for us ours was the original engine also.