Author Topic: 64 Sunroof Little-big Window  (Read 8890 times)

Offline Chris

• Car.
64 Sunroof Little-big Window
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 07:46:36 AM »
cant find the pics of the sunroof rail repair, but the good news is that i rebuilt the king & link pins & bushings in the front end, got the car through the safety inspection and it is now insured.

it sure feels good to drive an acvw again, allthough i've been too busy working to do much cruising. but i'm on the road.

if you see a guy with a parka, touque and gloves driving a black 64 sunroof with a grey front left fender...honk and flip me the bird.  :P
done and done

Offline functionalmayhem

• http://
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2005, 01:25:24 PM »
ahhh yes

I remember that feeling, finding that nice ride that you always wanted. Doesn't it make you feel all soft and fuzzy inside? If it wasn't for my '62 being straight and original, I would kill for a black beauty like yours....nice find, dude!
Sal De Sousa
1962 Beetle
1985 Single Cab

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2005, 06:35:23 PM »
ahhh yes

I remember that feeling, finding that nice ride that you always wanted. Doesn't it make you feel all soft and fuzzy inside? If it wasn't for my '62 being straight and original, I would kill for a black beauty like yours....nice find, dude!
thanks sal.

the car has it's faults (some rattle can black paint, some brushed on, some repro fenders) but it still has alot of it's og black paint and it is solid. and it will be nice to roll the steel sunroof back and click open the popouts when the sun shines.

not my dream car, but it is a nice driver and i'm quite happy with the purchase.

Offline silas

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 07:00:43 PM »
allright, the 64 has been running like a top ever since insuring it in december. after alot of driving, my first car show with it (tom the tire guy), a quick road trip to squamish and alot more driving, i started collecting parts to get it a little closer to the ground. after work on saturday i decided to burn the midnight oil and install some cb drop spindles, 135's and a set of caster shims.

before...

after...

before...

after...

before...

after...

overall, i'm stoked. believe it or not, after 5 acvw's this is the only one that has been lower than stock. i likey. there is still a bit of room left so a beam will be built, but for now i'm just going to continue driving it and enjoying it.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 06:39:13 PM by silas »

Offline kirin

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 11:23:56 PM »
Back end has to go down a bit Silas then your golden..
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline silas

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2006, 06:42:33 PM »
Back end has to go down a bit Silas then your golden..
i am considering turning some torsion bars but for now i'll roll it as is.

i'm digging the rake.

Offline silas

Re: 64 Sunroof Little-big Window
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »
today this car is 50 years old!!!

happybirthday3 :band1:

i'll apologize in advance for the length of this post and my ramblings on...but i think as car people we can sometimes grow quite fond of certain vehicles, the work we do to them, the joy they give us and the adventures they can take us on. for me, this 64 one of those vehicles. and sometimes it's nice to reflect and reminice...and this is one of those times! and thankfully this forum lets us all share our stories with each other so we can enjoy what others are doing and the adventures that they are on!! :)  :cool:

so...after close to 9 years of me owning this 64...it shows no signs of slowing down!! miles & miles of smiles and good times, this car has proven itself as a dedicated driver and a workhorse. it was daily driven from 2005 to 2009 and it's been a great spring/summer/early fall cruiser ever since.

some highlights from the last 9 years include 2 west coast showdowns, 3 seattle vintage meets, 5 victoria volksfests, 2 spring thaws, every gcvws since 2006, multiple trips to the sunshine coast and the smaller gulf islands, 25+ passes down the 1/4 mile at mission raceway, a road trip to california & back for the classic, and a body off the pan full chassis rebuild!! so many great times cruising and road tripping and so many memories made! however...the thing i cherish most is the friends that lori & i have met and made while cruising this 64. people that we may not have met otherwise, people that share that initial common interest of the vw, but end up sharing so much more and become great friends and family!

the day after i bought it...

the first out of town mini-road trip to squamish in early 2006...

the first show...

hauling christmas trees and seeing all sorts of weather...

and some nicer weather...one of our favourite places to camp or just visit...denman island (my hometown)...

spring thaw 2009...

the SMC at mission raceway...

body off the pan full chassis rebuild...

sharing a 1 car garage...unfortunately it's stable mate (56 oval rag) had to go to make room for another project (more on that at a later date)...

got to park at nicks and take in all the fun that is the classic weekend...

and cruise around cali for a week...

driving the pch...

and how it sits now. loving life and getting driven and enjoyed as much as possible!! i love this ride!!  :cool:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 06:37:02 PM by silas »

Offline 70's Looker

• More than a 70's Hooker!
  • what's this for?
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 11:06:18 PM »
Cool show man! Crazy days ahead!

Happy bday little car
Zündfolge Car Club

Stephan Schmidt

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2014, 08:52:24 AM »
Loving the 2nd to last picture along Cali's HWY 1!

Offline beetleboy

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »
one of my favourite all time cars!  I always stop and admire when I see it! 

Offline silas

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2015, 11:16:13 PM »
celebrating 10 years of driving and owning this 64  :cool:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 06:37:43 PM by silas »

Offline 70's Looker

• More than a 70's Hooker!
  • what's this for?
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 06:14:38 AM »
Great local car! Wow 10 years!