Author Topic: Shifter Adjustment/weirdness  (Read 1684 times)

Offline kirin

Shifter Adjustment/weirdness
« on: December 18, 2005, 10:04:13 PM »
Hey Guys theres something weird going on with my shifter. Its a original trigger hurst that I saved from a car going to the junker.  Basically I  have installed it and adjusted it. However you can still find reverse without pulling the trigger. I've tried it a number of times(adjusting that is) and still cannot figure it out...) When I did first get this shifter however the trigger was siezed.. I almost wonder if somethings allowing the reverse lock out to be always off?
Ideas please.
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Bruce

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 11:11:37 PM »
However you can still find reverse without pulling the trigger.
You're gonna feel really stupid, but that's the whole point of a reverse lockout.  When the trigger is down you are only supposed to be able to get 1st thru 4th.  Then pull the trigger if you want Reverse.

Offline kirin

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 07:57:45 AM »
Hang on bruce thats the whole problem. Is that I can find reverse without actually pulling the trigger. I can access reverse with the trigger pulled or it down...
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline doubledoor

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 01:37:10 PM »
pull the shifter and see if that pin on the ball is there and moving up and down with the trigger.
Something may of broke because it was seized.
Hope this helps :D

49 ford coupe
2002 F350 crew cab long box 6-speed diesel

Offline johnny main

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 06:55:11 PM »
kirin is it one that also uses a shifter plate? and its just not installed i've ran into that before

Offline Bruce

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 11:09:41 PM »
Look at the mechanism.  There's a large dia thick washer that is supposed to be connected to the cable then the trigger.  Does this big washer go up when you pull the trigger?
On the right side of the mechanism there is a vertical wall that the big washer hits when you move the knob to the left.  Lift the trigger and the washer will pass by above that vertical wall.  is that wall there attached to the base plate?