Project Forums > ASF Member Projects

1958 Beetle rebuild

(1/6) > >>

Thomas:
Well I have been rolling in my 58 for 6 years now and felt it was time to give it a little love. Since getting the car most of the power train has been upgraded (Engine, tranny and brakes) and a rag top with new interior were done. I have been collecting parts over the last few years so I could redo the body to make it all 58 part correct and plus redo some old repairs. My goal is to end up with a nice clean Cal-look car that I can drive down south at some point. The main areas of repair needed are the driver rear bumper mount, both lower rear quarter areas and the front clip. I also have a four tab hood and wire tube fenders for it. Not sure how far I will get this winter as I have given my self two winter to complete this work. This means you my see me rolling in a part finished car next summer. I started this week by stripping the car down to start making the list to figure out a plan of attack. Well here we go....will down some pics later.

Thomas:

Thomas:

Thomas:

Thomas:
Started the repairs on the 58. Removed the bumper mount and replaced the old repairs. I replaced the mount with a new one from Auto Craft.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version