Specialty Forums > Racing

GCVW'S Aug 21 st Mission raceway

<< < (3/5) > >>

red snapper:
Hey Jim, I thought I understood what you were saying. Maybe I had too many rum and cokes when I way typing. Anyway, I will be there so come and get some bitches!

neil68:

--- Quote from: Bruce on August 06, 2015, 12:45:00 PM ---You've been to Mission before, did they give you any grief?

--- End quote ---

Two years ago, the Mission tech inspector had concerns about my Bogart front wheels, because they use a unique shoulder nut.  This is Bogart's design for their wheels and I believe meets the track rules...i.e. the stud must be threaded a distance at least equal to the diameter of the stud.

However, it looked sketchy to the tech inspector,as they usually expect studs sticking out several threads past the nut.  I'll bring a pair of stock front wheels as spares, in case they ask me to change the wheels.

jim martin:
Neal i would not worrie so much , bring the slip you have from tech in Edmonton and show them they passed it and its ok

HERE ARE THE RULES

bc street car shoot out page 1

bc street car shoot out page 2

Bruce:

--- Quote from: neil68 on August 06, 2015, 09:16:16 PM ---
Two years ago, the Mission tech inspector had concerns about my Bogart front wheels, because they use a unique shoulder nut.  This is Bogart's design for their wheels and I believe meets the track rules...i.e. the stud must be threaded a distance at least equal to the diameter of the stud.

However, it looked sketchy to the tech inspector,as they usually expect studs sticking out several threads past the nut. 
--- End quote ---
Referring to what I highlighted in italics, I don't think that is the requirement of the rule.  Anyone got a quote from the NHRA book on lug nuts?

Can you post a pic of your nuts?

Geoff:

help spread the word! Two weeks to Go!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version