Specialty Forums > Off-Road Forum

Glamis Scans from the Past

<< < (2/5) > >>

sarge:

--- Quote from: GRK on April 03, 2014, 04:19:13 PM ---
....How did your rail make out at glamis? Ive always wanted to go but people say "hills to high and to hot for vw power" I'm running a 2275 vw.

--- End quote ---

We always had a great time unless the weather was ugly or the sand was a mess.  I kept things simple with our car... no electronics.
In the 20 years we went, I can only recall being towed once or twice.  We went an average of 13-15 times a year when we had the "easy"
trailer.  The inclosed trailer was bitch... until you got to the dunes and set up; then it was party central!

sarge:
Our friend Grub had a nice J&J rail with 2 liter water cooled power (built by Darrell Vittone).  Grub hand polished the 12 spoke Americans.
He even let us use them on the front of our car for a year while he was screwing his car together...

sarge:
We were always loners until we got to the sand... then we'd look for folks who duned the way we liked.  It seemed to work out!

sarge:
One of the best we encountered was Dennis and wife Valerie.  I traded Dennis (red jacket) an engine build (he was a house framer) for a patio cover... what a deal!

sarge:
The view from Oldsmobile Hill.  Nothing beats the sounds of big cc's directly behind your ears!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version