Specialty Forums > Off-Road Forum

sand rail Questions

(1/2) > >>

lildunebuggy:
i have a long rail and was wondering if any one has good ways to hook the paneling up to the rail without to much breaking points in the frame? if you have any pics and help for me i would like to start the panels in the rail but hard to cover up the frame some one had to slave over making look good as well. any tips there too let me know side panels and hood types. the hard part for me the last 2 years was covering up the frame. thanks

Chris:
Got pictures of what your working with?

lildunebuggy:
this is the one here i was hoping for some info on what i would need to get the rear end wider it has the shorts on it now and i get a bit of rub. thinking about putting longer axels on and some info on that would help

pittwagen:
So you are looking for some ideas with respect to body panels to make the unit more all weather capable.  Is that right?  Maybe even a windshield and some wipers?

Hansk:
I assume that is an early type 1 swing short axle trans .  You will need to find 67+ long axles  and tubes , remove the trans and swap them (using your bentley manual). You will need a trans gasket kit , 2 axle boots and 2 axle seal kits and you may need additional axle spacers so that you can tighten up  your early drums .   As for mounting panels , when we built ours we welded tabs around the inside of the tubes anywhere we wanted panels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version