Author Topic: I've Got The Bug Again!  (Read 1914 times)

Offline nocones

I've Got The Bug Again!
« on: November 15, 2003, 01:00:30 AM »
Hello fellow BUGGERS! (bad pun), I am ashamed to admit it but my '63 has been neglected for the last 5 years and was converted from a slalom racer to a baja. Well the good news is I finally got tired of it giving me a pathetic look everytime I went to visit her so I am throwing caution to the wind (hopefully not my marrige) and I am resurecting the autocross beetle. Plans this winter include an additional 4 points to the cage, IRS conversion, wickedly serious slam, wide 5 steelies (8\") and some serious horsepower.
Now for the part that'll make you cringe... I am planning a Toyota 1.8 or vw1.8 watercooled swap. I know, I know...but I have tried several aircooled and it just doesn't suit the autocross/ hillclimb e vents I have in mind. I'll be posting a bunch of pics as the project progresses and hopefully I can get some feedback from you folks.
Thanks and bye for now!
nocones  
\"I thought it buzzed a little high, but it was STILL PULLIN!\" my comment to my bro when the fan belt launched at 6800rpm!!! on the \"stock\" 1600 we ran at Squamish. ( note to self...install shift-light ! )