Author Topic: Oct 27 03  (Read 7031 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Oct 27 03
« on: October 27, 2003, 09:26:30 AM »
I took a few days off to hit the Pomona swap in search of some much needed parts for the bus. My main goal was a set of 40IDA triple webers and as luck would have it i found a set and at a great price! As well on that trip i picked up the droped spindles from Franklins and have since installed the 944 front brakes(that on a later post).

This updat has a little more rust repair as i keep finding more of the previous owners\"Body work\" Anytime i find a small patch pannel i know underneath will be a rust hole that has not been cut out!!! So once again here are some shots of the pass side rear wheel area.

In the above pic you can see the two areas that i removed the bad patch job, and behind that i found more rust!

Here you can see what i found! Nice, just what i wanted to see. All the rust seems to have come from the outer skin as the inner is still in very good shape.

Here you can see after a sandblast and rust treatment thta the inners are all fine.

Here is the new pannel welded into place, with a skim of filler it will be good as new.

Behind the rear wheel was a small pin hole and as i started to plug weld, it became a festering mess as you can see here . Matt came by and said \"replace it\" So we set to making a new pannel.

Here the pannel is cut out,time to start making a new one. As i cut a new section to fit Matt bent the flanges.....and this is what we came up with

Here is the new section in place, body seem lines up perfect!

On another note i have been trying to decide what wheels to run and have mocked up a few, the phone dials 16x7 seem to fit with no problems (front&rear) as shown on the front.

The C2 wheels are another thing all together, the fronts 16x7 will work but the rears are 8.5 and there will be some major mods to make these fit.

The third choice and favorite is a set of Milla miglia Cup-3 or \"twist spokes\" the 17x7.5 should work front and rear but i have yet to test one.

Thats it for this update, more coming soon.