Author Topic: Floor mats sugestions  (Read 1221 times)

Offline wagonwx

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Floor mats sugestions
« on: October 17, 2022, 06:25:02 AM »
Okay would like to order floor mats from The Samba. My pan is a 1970 the shell is a 57 . Guess I'am going to order for a 57 right , not a 70 ?

Offline 52 split

Re: Floor mats sugestions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 07:29:46 PM »
well floor mats for a 70, now a carpet kit would be 57

Offline Bruce

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 09:02:38 PM »
The carpet that goes over the tunnel will need to be the same year as the pan. The shifter and ebrake are in different locations. Also, the 57 carpet kit will have a hole in it for the heater knob that isn't there on your 70 pan.

Offline 52 split

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 07:26:02 PM »
yes your right Bruce. the op wanted just floor mats. hopefully there's still is carpet on the 70 pan.

Offline pittwagen

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 09:59:38 AM »
I did this conversion many years ago - 57 std. body on 65 chassis.  There was no CIP back then.  Only the dealer, Bow Wow (very limited selection of parts) and the recyclers.  You could go with the rubber floor mat and carpet elsewhere.  Otherwise you would likely need 2 kits and in both cases the metal passenger footrest. 

I opted to go to a local upholsterer and have a custom carpet set made.  Maybe just as cost effective for you too, and the metal footrest would be optional.  FYI.

Offline jhicken

• AirSpeed Forum Member
    • Der Kleiner Kampfwagens
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 04:22:56 PM »
I believe the difference is if you are using the passenger side foot rest. With the foot rest, use the '70 mat, without, go '57.

Offline berliner

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 01:21:33 PM »
A bit late to reply, but I ordered carpet for my 64 on 72 IRS pan Ghia from Newton Commercial,and when they heard what I was doing, they sent me several patterns to try out no charge.The floors are out of a 64 pan so the only different piece is the tunnel, but if I had used the 72 floors,I imagine seat differences would enter the equation.Expensive,but really nice stuff.If I ever put another car together,I would do it again.
what can possibly go wrong?                                                                     64ghia