Author Topic: A covid Sunday work project.  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Alp

• I’m not your type. I’m not inflatable.
A covid Sunday work project.
« on: September 20, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »
  Recently I lost a set if keys somewhere around the house.  After a thorough cleaning and searching of the house, every pocket of anything I wore, and even did the laundry after the searches......to no avail.
  A quick search around the yard also didn't produce the lost keys.  That left the garage (I know those of you who know me are asking yourselves "which garage" but there is only one it could be......the one in the back yard!
  I cannot remember the last time in the previous ten years that I performed a thorough debridement of my garage.  The room has become the home to generations of spiders and crawly things.  Was I actually going yo disrupt the lives of theee free loading, non rent paying inhabitants?  Not if I could find the keys out in the open.  Well that didn't happen so the eviction party began!!
  After 3 hours of sorting, arranging, throwing out, vacuuming (yes vacumming!) The garage is better then 2/3rds done.  The remarkable thing is that not once did I get yelled at (winter come to hell recently....didn't see that update on my Facebook page)?
  I know this scares every person who uses their garage as a workshop but I tell you it is quite empowering!  You find shit that you never remembering owning.....like the two VWs in the corner.  Whoever this drag car and Ghia belong to please let me know.  There is a small debt for storing these things for you.
  Now don't kid yourself, we all know that the chaos that created this mess will start to creap in by next weekend.  The spiders have already rebuilt their homes and worse is if your other half sees how clean everything is and how much room you now have.  If you don't allow the mess to return there will be garden supplies stuffed into every nook and cranny you left open......

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Re: A covid Sunday work project.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »
I think the Ghia should be mine, coming by this weekend with a trailer ;)
brian waz

Offline gsun

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »
But did you find your keys.......
9 years and counting....

Offline Alp

• I’m not your type. I’m not inflatable.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 11:49:14 PM »
nope...locksmith had to be called.

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 08:06:11 AM »
ah that makes me laugh , be there so many times , and yes I just about finished my garage rebuild . found so much cool stuff I forgot about and yes vacuumed up a lot of nasties .
hope your doing well and maybe get some time to work on those projects .
talk later
jim

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp