Author Topic: Crazy Camber  (Read 1581 times)

Offline kirin

Crazy Camber
« on: May 18, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »
Hey guys,
I've been running things past Ovalzealous for the past few days since I'm doing some \"benchracing\" about my bug as of late. Trying to solve my postive camber problem in the front of my Kinglink pin beetle. Heres the story. Last spring I swapped my front beams for a new adjustible one. reassembled it using all the parts from the old recently rebuilt beam. Put on a Socalimports discbrake kit bought from Airspeed. Now I have quite noticable camber(I can send somebody a pic of it if you want). I'm going to do a few measurements when I get home but its really bad. My steering wheel literally shifted as the road would curve like a cat eye and such.....
So what is wrong?

If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Crazy Camber
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 12:39:39 PM »
before reassembly, did you measure the offset of the lower and upper torsion arms and shim the link pins accordingly? there are a certain amount of shims that go on each side depending on the torsion arm offset.

it's rare, but are yout torsion arms bent?

did you install caster shims?

Offline kirin

Crazy Camber
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 12:12:49 AM »
I didn't measure the offset of the lower and upper torsion arms and shim it out accordingly.
I do not think my torsion arms are bent at all.
I did add caster shims.....

Offline Chris

• Car.
Crazy Camber
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 06:47:14 AM »
well you may have found your problem, when you get back, get a hold of me and you can come over and we can set it up properly.

Offline kirin

Crazy Camber
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 07:42:49 AM »
Hey Will do,
Would love to fix my car to take it to volksfest. And if it is infact the beam and I have to yank it again its getting narrowed 5 inches and losing the shock towers. 76 bus I will be hollering you when you get back.