Author Topic: Avis Adjuster  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Mike Scott

Avis Adjuster
« on: March 01, 2005, 10:22:09 AM »
Avis type adjusters vs. regular adjusters. What are the benefits of the avis type adjuster?

Thanks Mike

Offline Boost_Retard

Avis Adjuster
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 10:43:07 AM »
i have ran both..in both link pin and ball joint beams..

i would say hands down the avis adjuster is the way 2 go...

first off.. if you dont already know.. the both perform the same function..raise/lower the beam by rotating the spring stack from where the stock center grub screw would be..
they both require having the stock center grub screw section of beam to be cut out..and replaced with the adjuster.

your \"standard\" adjuster uses a smaller grub screw than an avis adjuster (weaker)
and the way it operates has been over complicated compared to an avis adjuster.

the standard adjuster has one grub screw that threads into the center block of the beam..wich pins the block tight against the spring stack...next you slide a block of aluminum over this grub screw..and tighten down the nut slightly..then there is another grub screw thats totaly external to the beam..and its job is to be threaded into place and support the other grub screw (pushes against the aluminum block) from moving up or down depending on how you installed the adjuster into the beam (raise mode or lower mode)

basicly..the standard adjuster requires 2 grub screws to work...4 nuts to hold all the grub screws in place..some POS aluminum block that never fits right..and lots of messing around to get it to work right

the avis adjuster is far more simple...and makes beam adjustments quicker (well it does for me anyhow)

the avis adjuster uses one grub screw..and a plate of steel that is curved to match that of the beam, and it has teeth on the underside.. it works like a meshing gear would..
the section of the adjuster that you would weld into the beam has a convex toothed peice of steel on it..and the plate that you slide over the grub screw is concave..
once you install your grub screw into the center block of the beam (just like standard adjuster) you slide the concave plate over the grub screw..wich meshes into the convex plate that is part of the adjuster..crank down the lock nut..and your done..
if you want to raise it..back off the nut so its not holding the concave plate tight against the adjuster..and rotate it by hand and..mesh the 2 plates back together and tighten down the nut again. the teeth of the plates hold everthing where it should be..unlike the standard adjuster that uses a grub screw.

Cale
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 10:44:39 AM by Boost_Retard »

Offline Mike Scott

Avis Adjuster
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 12:21:35 PM »
Thanks Cale,

Exactly what I was looking for. Im gonna pull out the beam tonight and start dissassembly.  

Offline Chad M

• Custom Title
Avis Adjuster
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 05:00:34 PM »
I just finished my 2\" narrowed with Avis adjusters link pin beam last week.  Nice install, not too much farting around.  

Offline Boost_Retard

Avis Adjuster
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 10:58:20 PM »
i took some pics of my car tonight with the 3\"drop spindles and the avis adjusters slamed
hehe you can see why i had to install my airspeed sway bar upside down...

i have driven the car like this before...but as you can see (when the pics are up)..it now needs a new nose clip  :rockon: