Author Topic: Anything to help with missing camping during winter  (Read 1952 times)

Offline kinggeorge13

• Whaddya mean I can't buy more buses?
Anything to help with missing camping during winter
« on: February 11, 2019, 08:40:29 PM »
One morning waiting for the heater to slowly heat my garage/workshop I was missing camping in a bus so I got nostalgic and fired up my Coleman old-school lantern (which also gave a little heat).   But in the background is "Serenity", a 1975 Westy with a PO-replaced GD engine, likely from a 1976/77 donor.   Serenity is my winter project (for the 2nd winter in a row) with a lot of things to fix not the least of which was being badly T-Boned by a small pickup truck when my daughter was driving it home from school a couple years ago (although 90% of that was repaired last winter).  Now it's the rest of the rust removal/repair including the inner and outter rear "skirt" or "valence" which was a fitting/welding challenge I could have made sooo much easier had I thought it through more first. 

Also rewired all the camper section with my own pet improvement and spent wayyyy too many days trying to retrofit the previous plumbing that was in there with something more useful (a PO had removed the water tank and plumbed only for city water).   Got the fridge power rewired and working and that was a happy happy happy day!   
1975 Westy, Serenity
1975 Westy, Jack Sparrow
1979 Kombi, Pistachio
1979 Kombi, Oliver
1977 Tin top camper, Cosmos
1974 Westy, Garfield
1973 Tin top camper, Bart (now thinking he's 1976)
1974 gutted Riviera, Casper
1975 Westy, Stella
1979 Super Beetle, Penelope
1967 Fastback, Green Hornet