Author Topic: Retrosound help  (Read 2560 times)

Offline chevyguy

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Retrosound help
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:26:14 PM »
Hey guys ive also posted this in general, so i hope I'm not breaking any forum rules but here goes...

Im trying to decide whether or not to buy a retrosound radio for my old chevy truck.  I currently have a custom autosound deck and hate it.  I am reluctant to drop another few hundred on a deck unless i can hear it with my own ears.  I called California Import Parts in Langley but they dont have a display and they were unwilling to let me plug one in to see what it sounds like.  CIP told me they have sold a bunch of these radios to members on this forum and this is where the request for help comes in...

Is there any awesome member who lives in the lower mainland who has either a retrosound hermosa, huntington, model 2, apache or longbeach that would be willing to let me listen to what this deck sounds like?  I would be very grateful if there is.

Pm me if you can help another custom guy out
Modify message

Offline Parts

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Re: Retrosound help
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »
Being on the Island, I'm probably too far for you, but I've currently got 4 RetroSound units in various vehicles. My Class 11, '74 convertible, '84 GTI, and my Toyota Tacoma. I like the simple look, and they put out as much sound as necessary in any of those cars. You're not gonna blow out your windows by any means, but they go as loud as need be. I've also got their little compact subwoofer under the seat in my truck. Works great.

Offline chevyguy

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:06:32 AM »
Bump

Nobody else here has any of the models of retrosound radios listed?

Parts - where on the island are you located?

Offline Parts

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 11:52:44 AM »
Victoria.
Volkswagen Victoria, to be precise.