Author Topic: 65 beetle  (Read 927 times)

Offline 6 volt

65 beetle
« on: December 21, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »
 Just looking for some opinions on what they're going for.1965 bone stock deluxe beetle,1200cc, factory blaupunkt radio,original interior except for bad carpet kit,Totally unmolested car inside and out,original overriders, Don't really want to sell but my wife had a stroke earlier this year and kinda have other concerns right now.Sorry no pictures as of yet.Maybe Silas can help me out as I was @ mission drags in Sept and put her down the track a couple of times. Green car 24.004@54mph & 24.223 @52.98mph.Thanks for patience and time,Tim

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
Re: 65 beetle
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 11:21:33 AM »
Is this the one?

Sorry about your wife. hope she is or has recovered .

Offline 6 volt

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 12:15:48 PM »
Yah thats the one ! Wifes doing just alright,thanks

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 01:22:11 PM »
hey tim...i'm so sorry to hear about your wife. i wish her all the best.

as far as your bug goes....rust is a big issue and a main concern for any acvw owner/potential owner.

how are the heater channels, pans, rear crossmember, naploleans hat (front firewall), bumper bracket mounts, rear 1/4's, etc?

how are the front & rear aprons? original? unhit?

accidents? bondo?

is the wiring completely factory & unmolested?

original paint?

one way of getting a rough idea of market value is to look at other 65's for sale...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?submit=yes&keywords=65&type=text&stype=all&username=&yearfrom=&yearto=&pricefrom=&priceto=&model%5B%5D=Bug+-+Sedan&section%5B%5D=&wanted=show&zip=&zipdist=0&state%5B%5D=&usaregion=&country=&sort=date&sort_order=DESC&submitButton=Search

i never got a really good up close look at your car...but depending on the above variables and others (time of year, demand, etc)...i'd say anywhere between $3000 to $7000.

here are a few more pics of tims car...

Offline 6 volt

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 02:39:02 PM »
Thanks for digging up those pictures Silas,muchly appreciated, as far as the heat channels goes passanger side is mint as well as the pan but the drivers side is telling me to do her. Pan is starting to seperate under drivers seat.The wiring is all factory and totally untouched.Have the original gas heater (out of car),rear apron in great shape,adjustable front beam,front apron is original,has small deformation under original spare tire and jack,and doesn't appear to have any mud in the entire car,original paint except on hood and passenger side fenders where the previous owner decide to put some character marks in them.45*** miles on car