Author Topic: More Advice?  (Read 1514 times)

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
More Advice?
« on: April 25, 2004, 09:08:15 PM »
K so tell me if I'm thinking along the right lines for a budget torque monster. 1914cc engle 100 cut cam (or web cam equivalent) stock dual ports dual Kadrons, 009 distributor, header with fatboy. I would like to stay dual port to keep my V.E. up on the bigger pistons but my thought is that the Kadrons would give me a smaller overall CFM than the IDFs or DRLA's. Am I on the right track???
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline James Buchan

More Advice?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 09:50:05 PM »
No!

Just kidding,

What is your intended use of the motor, and is it for your bus?

Offline Bruce

More Advice?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 01:32:34 AM »
36DRLAs are the way to go.  36IDFs are the second choice, but they are very rare on this continent.  Third choice would be 40IDFs.

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
More Advice?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 10:46:50 AM »
Yes Jamie it is for the bus. i am trying to go for torque so would not the Kadrons be a better choice than 36's???? Again I do not know so that is why I am asking???
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline AlanU

• http://members.shaw.ca/acvw/index.htm
More Advice?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 09:03:16 PM »
Yes Jamie it is for the bus. i am trying to go for torque so would not the Kadrons be a better choice than 36's???? Again I do not know so that is why I am asking???
The Kadrons should work well but  I think a set of dual carbs with 4 barrels is a better choice for tuning purposes. IDFs or DRLA's would be my choices.  You shouldn't be too concerned with CFM of the carbs since your using stock dual port heads.  Is there any port work on those heads???   Keeping the cam's duration small will give you that bottom end torque your seeking with your larger displacement.  I think individual barrel per cylinder/individual runner (idf and drla) will work better in the fuel delivery department. Plus every cylinder will have an individual venturi which will definitely create a better vaccum signal and velocity.

I would choose the 4 barrel dual carb setup before going to a 40 kadron. 1 carb with 1 throttle plate and two runners wont perform as well as a single carb with 2 barrels (idf and drla)with 2 individual runners.

People have done miraculous things with Kadrons but for tuneability I'd stick with a drla or idf.