Author Topic: Please Post Your Feedback  (Read 15893 times)

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Please Post Your Feedback
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 12:10:52 PM »
Organizing and running this show requires a tremendous amount of work ahead of time by Geoff, Barry, et.al.  If you want more mini-events within the show, this means they have to take more time to arrange it.  Consider this when you ask for more.  Bring your own sunscreen.

I am opposed to a grab bag for registrants.  A grab bag adds cost, which ultimately causes the entrance fee to be higher.  The higher the fee, the less people that will register their cars.  Walking down the street towards the spectator parking, I saw no less than 3 nicely done SunBugs that should have been in the show.

I liked the no band this year.  This is a car show, where you would want to catch up with old friends you haven't seen for years that got out of VWs, or you would want to discuss some details on a car you like with the owner.  Bands interfere with that.
Were you even there????
Funny I thought I saw you a couple times and BAM No Bruce???
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 12:14:11 PM »
I like the dunk tank idea. Probably pretty cheap entertainment for eveyone. I would like to see pointblank in the tank with some really cold water! :blink:
BUck up Snapper and I will go in.. It only cost's Money!!! ;)  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline vwsportsbug

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 12:30:54 PM »
I hesitate to wade in on this, as I'm truly a novice to car shows, but if you want to grow the show and the community of enthusiasts, then I'm the target market.

Up front, I appreciate the effort from those involved in organizing and sponsoring the GCVW show.  It obviously takes a great deal of time and effort to organize and pull off an event such as this - year after year after year.  It was my first and I will plan to return next year.  

All four of the other shows (open) I attended this year handed out dash plaques to participants.  I did get an XL T-Shirt early, but apart from a few photos I have only my oft times unreliable memory to mark the great time I had meeting with other VW fanatics.

The drags appeal to only one segment of the VW community, albeit probably the most active and vocal group.

There are others within the VW / air cooled community who's interests lie in restoration to stock or near stock.  Some would be into enhancing the  performance from engines and suspensions but not "slamming" and scaping the deck with various and sundry metal parts.  To others "exactly" stock with demonstrable period specific options is the game.

Lumping all the stockers into one category seemed too simplistic and ultimately confusing.  Early and Late seemed like a good idea but didn't apply to Stock, only Custom.  What would the difference be between Stock and Custom?

My own interest has been Super Beetle Sedans (not verts) marketed by VW from 1971 - 1975.  Between Saturday and Sunday, I counted four on display, two stockers, one special edition and one custom -- definately an under represented group.    

I understand that its difficult to appeal to all segments and perhaps therein lies the decision that needs to be taken.  All VW's?  Air Cooled vs  Water Cooled?  Performance vs Stock?  Early vs Late? Euro vs Cal Look etc. etc.  

Knowing the category ahead of time, in addition to marking the category on the registration window card would have helped me refine my voting choices.  In retrospect, I'm sure I didn't get my tickies in the right box.  

Anyway, once again thanks for your time and effort and for asking for feedback.

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 12:50:52 PM »
BUck up Snapper and I will go in.. It only cost's Money!!! ;)
You can count me in also. No worries there.

Offline sourkraut

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2005, 03:55:15 PM »
More t-shirts in wearable sizes.
Und ich Idiot habe es gemacht.

Offline RoadRunner

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 10:16:58 PM »
Well, first lets say a big thank you to all involved. From the hungry (no breakfast for them again?) early morning crew, to the last remaining few picking up the trash. I think alot of people don't realize that so many people give up much needed "spare" or family time to organise and execute this series of events. So to all you guys and girls....Thank you.  :)

I am keen to see the dunktank. :D Would certainly be entertaining.

I was also pleased there was not a live band this year. As much as I want to support local talent, I am there to support the vw enthusiasts and clubs. I prefer to be able to hear the conversation I am trying to have about the outstanding vehicles on display. Canned music, at a reasonable level gets my vote.

Porta potties? I will likely still make the hike up to the facilities, but you boys have at.  :blink:

I quite like the location. Perhaps outgrowing it a bit, but maybe better use of the space will allow a while longer at this venue. I like it as we usually have non-vw (this translates to a maried couple with the guys into vw and the woman fighting it all the way :huh: ) join for a few hours. This year there were kids involved and the park/water park were fantastic to keep the kids and Mrs. busy while the rest enjoyed the vw "fix"

Now most importantly, Geoff, I am sure you are a well connected guy :D  Where is the In'n'Out Burger truck???!!! :lol:
That would impress me to no end.
If you can manage that, I will get up at the crack of dawn to help register vehicles. :huh: Maybe

Just my .02
Thanks again for all the work
Erin
If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2005, 11:49:39 PM »
i don't know if anyone will agree with me
but i noticed a lot of cars with big sterios,
and with air-cooled vw's it's usually limited with space,
so design and sound quality are a real challenge to aquire.

so i think there should be a custom sound challenge
where the Judges look at each system and mark each car for

- the display of components, design of the system and placement
-convienience, like keeping the back seat, and trunk space
-sound clarity
-SPL inside the car..

well it was just an idea that i thought i would throw out there

20's SORTA FIT!!

63 Beetle

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2005, 04:45:35 PM »
i don't know if anyone will agree with me
but i noticed a lot of cars with big sterios,
and with air-cooled vw's it's usually limited with space,
so design and sound quality are a real challenge to aquire.

so i think there should be a custom sound challenge
where the Judges look at each system and mark each car for

- the display of components, design of the system and placement
-convienience, like keeping the back seat, and trunk space
-sound clarity
-SPL inside the car..

well it was just an idea that i thought i would throw out there
Have you seen Flossin's 67, I don't think it gets any better than that, And really How many Trophies can that dude take home in a day???
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Stevie

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2005, 07:55:35 PM »
well i might just have some compitition for him over the next
couple years.

don't make the prize  a trophie be a t-shirt or something just to add a little more compitition and it's another thing going on during the day. he won't be the only winner for long

20's SORTA FIT!!

63 Beetle

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2005, 10:13:39 PM »
Good on ya Stevie.. Can't wait to see it..
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Darren Dilley

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2005, 11:04:24 PM »
sounds good... i cant wait too see it .. what you are you running for gear  
life without racing..is no life at all

Offline Stevie

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2005, 06:04:49 PM »
well i would love to tell you exactly what i'm doing but it would ruin things
i'd rather make it a surprise

but i will give one hint you won't see any of the amps, cap, equilizer,
and i'm keeping my back seat,

this year or next you will have a little more compitition then you would hope for...

ps you own the silver dodge right?

20's SORTA FIT!!

63 Beetle