Author Topic: Front beam questions for a bus  (Read 2972 times)

Offline vw33

Front beam questions for a bus
« on: November 15, 2014, 09:15:31 AM »
Hello i am new to the forum stuff. Read alot but now a a few questions. I have a link /kingpin beam and a later bay ball joint beam complete and in good shape with the disc brakes on it. Could I put this in my split bus? then put on drop spindles? Are the span of the mounting flanges the same from split to late bay?. Is the over all width the same? Is this cheaper or better than flipping the spindles and then buying an aftermarket disc brake set up? If anyone has done this or could point me in the right direction that would be great.  THANKS Ken.

Offline Splitty Ken

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Re: Front beam questions for a bus
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:35:35 PM »
Ken,
have no idea on late bay, but early bay arms fit the split beam, and I think its 69 bay ones that allow you to have discs, however if you want to go low don't go bay, stick with the split and buy a disc kit.  Type 2 detectives sell a Porsche kit that has everything (I have one and its good) or look at Red9 Design as they do a kit also (you can use it with their A arm front kit which uses bay spindles).  if your split beam is solid and not rusted out, keep it... Ken.
Don't have a plan, and nothing can go wrong...

Offline vw33

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »
Thanks for the advise I will have a look. I guess if it was that easy everybody would be bolting them in.Can i ask how much yours cost?Thanks again

Offline Splitty Ken

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:41:50 AM »
it was a while ago now but seem to recall about 800GBP, and the Red9 design is around 2500GBP plus shipping... early bay arms are probably the cheapest route, but you have to find some (when I left the UK I gave some away like an idiot, but couldn't ship everything I guess)...
Don't have a plan, and nothing can go wrong...