Author Topic: 1966 Beetle  (Read 782 times)

Offline suburbiana

• watershed photography
1966 Beetle
« on: September 14, 2005, 05:33:26 PM »
Very nice "original" 1966 Type 1 1300 VW Beetle, VIN #116 6xx xxx.
Original North Vancouver vehicle - I have the original VW documentation showing sales date and early service records. Original interior (seats and headliner) in very solid condition (replaced carpets, back seat bottom needs to be recovered), original door and side panels.

Body was redone and repainted to original Sea Sand Color a few years back and is totally solid, no rust perforations at all - the interior and trunk was not touched as the condition was so good.

New brakes, master cyclinder, running boards and 4 brand new tires (still have the little rubber nubs on them), original slotted white wheels. Electrical has been coverted to 12 volt.

Engine is an AH series 1600cc and includes a brand new 34PICT3 carb, intake manifold, Bosch alternator, pre-heat hose, and tons of new gaskets and seals installed, plus a fresh valve adjustment, tune and oil change bu Duane's German Autohaus in Langley. Everything is very tight with zero oil leaks.

New parts from Wolfsburg West, still to be installed:
- vent and window felt channels for both doors, OEM German
- repro original door handles, windows cranks and dash knobs (windshield wiper/pump and headlights)

Includes a Panasonic CD player/receiver with removeable face plate, 2-JL 5" speakers in the front foot area (some very nice designwork to integrate without cutting), Alpine MRP-F320 amp, and 2-JL 6x9's and 1-JL 10" sub, all in sealed boxes in the back cargo area (not permanently mounted, can easily be pulled). Also comes with the original Flat 4 Beetle roof rack, weathered and some surface rust but desirable none the less.

Recently spent over $1500.00 getting this cleaned up mechanically. Aircare'd through Sept 2006 (awesome results!) This car is in great mechanical and physical condition and runs like a charm.

Asking $6700.00 or best offer.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det...l.php?id=218955

More available on request.

'66 Seasand Bug - SOLD Feb '07

Offline Chad M

• Custom Title
1966 Beetle
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 03:25:02 AM »
What happened to the 1860cc with Brosol carbs?  

Offline suburbiana

• watershed photography
1966 Beetle
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 07:48:52 AM »
carbs sucked, zero power and it wouldn't pass Aircare for the life of it ...
after we started checking through the engine it appears that the p.o's version of "high performance" was adding the dual carbs and an aluminum pulley.
may still be bored out, but we didn't drop it to check, so I'm just going to say that - now - to the best of my knowledge its a straight 1600cc. Might be (pleasnat) surprise for someone if it actually is, but I didn't buy it for the engine originally.
'66 Seasand Bug - SOLD Feb '07