Author Topic: Will I Need Lowered Spindles Too?  (Read 1511 times)

Offline volksnut

Will I Need Lowered Spindles Too?
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:48:50 PM »
I intend to lower the front of my bus 4\"...I have a adjustable beam already...what will the ride be like, or should I install lowered spindles too...the wheels are 16x7 and will be running 205/45-16

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »
What kind of bus? I ran an adjustable beam in my bay window bus only and it rode fine, just invest in a set of shorter shocks, I think I ran beetle kyb's.  

Offline notchback

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 08:33:58 PM »
If the bus is fairly low i would highly recommend dropped spindles. I had just an adjustable beam and it rode fairly stiff. On the other hand Geoff from Airspeed has both a dropped beam and dropped spindles in his bus and it rides like a cadillac
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline volksnut

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 05:24:15 AM »
yeah it's a 68  like Geoff's well not a panel though....in fact I want the same ride height, but didn't want to purchase spindles if I didn't have too, but would like to install the parts only once... B)
It's changed a little since this picture (changed out windows etc.) but notice the nose bleed section...it's got to go...oh that's og paint on everything but the nose...sand storm killed that [_[

These are the wheels I have...16x7 with a 45et...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:39:44 AM by volksnut »

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 06:56:59 AM »
you could do it both ways, to maintain the ride quality you need to use drop spindles, but like I said I used just a beam with the beetle shocks and it was fine. You probably will have to get the inside center of the wheels machined out to fit on the bus though.

Offline volksnut

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 12:02:32 PM »
Yes I will machine the hub area on the wheels...I'm waiting to install  the late 5x112 spindles/hubs to see how thick the spacers need to be as this will eliminate some machine work

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 12:25:41 PM »
I would just run the beam, with the spindles the wheel still travels the stock amount and can rub the sheet metal under the seats on big bumps. With the beam it will be a firmer ride but not too bad.