Author Topic: WTB: IDF jets (idles/mains)  (Read 510 times)

Offline westcoast-paul

WTB: IDF jets (idles/mains)
« on: June 28, 2013, 09:14:57 AM »
i'm planing to fine tune my car (it's getting lousy gas mileage).  I am running programable EDIS, so i'm sure i can get better performance / mileage after a tune.

before i place an online order for jets, i wanted to see if anyone here had a pile of extras they are not using.

this is my current setup.

i was thinking dropping the idle down a size and if available, try out the main one size down.  I have an O2 sensor and onboard mixture meter.  idle is a tad rich (especially cold) and full / opened is ~right

I'm no IDF expert, but did do the rebuild on these.  Is there someone in the Van club who is the IDF go-to?

Offline mitchy965

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Re: WTB: IDF jets (idles/mains)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »
try driving the car with the main stacks out to verify correct idle jetting. i  always start on the rich side and lean until the car protests (pops and farts) and then go up a jet size. remmber to readjust idle mixture screws on each jet change for lan best idle. once your happy with the idle circuit replace the main stacks with a large main jet and a 180-190 air correction so you can feel or see (on your meter) where the mains come in (goes rich) and go up or down on the air jet until the mains overlap the idle system at the end of progression. then change the main  to obtain 12.7-13.2 on a 3rd gear wot pull.then of course you can adjust your timing to optimise  this set up,just be prepared to rejet to match the new settings 
1991 964 turbo- 1967 2007cc beetle-01 95" wideglide-2276cc turbo drag bug