Author Topic: wanted - dry storage for an acvw  (Read 1183 times)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
wanted - dry storage for an acvw
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »
hey y'all...i'm looking for dry, covered, secure, and relatively reasonably priced storage in the vancouver/lower mainland area for my 1964 bug from approximately october 2010 to may 2011!

let me know what you have, how much it is and where it is!

cheers!

*edit to include desired location*

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:17:21 PM by silas »

Offline Mirko

• dude, where's my car?
Re: wanted - dry storage for an acvw
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »
Nooooo, don't tell me you actually bought a reliable winter car? or are you hoof'n it? That post about the salted Vancouver streets must have got to you ::)

Love Mirko

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Offline silas

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »
Nooooo, don't tell me you actually bought a reliable winter car? or are you hoof'n it? That post about the salted Vancouver streets must have got to you ::)

Love Mirko

dear mirko,

it's not a question of reliability. my 64 is more than up to the challenge of taking on any road at anytime of year.

furthermore...i do not walk as it is too close to exercise and the last thing my skinny ass needs is exercise.

also, if you'll read the entire "salted road thread", you'll realize that i've "been there and done that" with the winter acvw thang and that is why i'm in the predicament that i'm in now...

you see...over the years my mangina has become more sensitive and during the winter months i now require certain things a certain way. of course...i will miss driving my acvw...but i know it'll be safe and sound indoors and ready for the road when the outside temps are a little more pleasant.

kisses,

silas

;D ;)

Offline Mirko

• dude, where's my car?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:17:37 PM »
Silas,

Very good points indeed, and well stated.

I am now thinking of that XMAS party out in the valley... you know the one... (I'm certain Jim Martin will never forget)
The best part was when he wanted to burn the door prizes IN your car for the drive home, Classic!  PDT_Armataz_01_37

Mirko

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:55:27 PM by Mirko »

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Offline silas

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 11:31:26 PM »
...I am now thinking of that XMAS party out in the valley... you know the one... (I'm certain Jim Marten will never forget)
The best part was when he wanted to burn the door prizes IN your car for the drive home, Classic!  PDT_Armataz_01_37...

ahh yes...i have fond memories of that evening aswell...memories that will be with me forever. memories that can only be created while driving around the middle of nowhere in sub zero temps in an acvw with no heat.

thankfully jim was so liquored that he 1-was kept warm by christmas cheer flowing through his inerds and 2-couldnt figure out how to operate a lighter (unless it was to light a cigar) because of the christmas cheer flowing through his inerds! ;)

and thankfully we made it home with door prizes (and vw) intact!!

good times! ;D

Offline DarrenE

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 11:57:50 PM »
PM sent.   :-*
Kootenay Volkswagen Society

Offline notchback

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »
Call me Silas I have a place
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 06:24:29 PM »
Hey notchback, don't be giving away my fleet parking

Offline silas

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 05:02:48 PM »
pm's sent to notchback (bruce) and darren e!

Offline mizovalgrl

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 09:54:37 PM »
Did you find a spot? I know of a secret passage......

Offline silas

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 08:15:30 PM »
Did you find a spot? I know of a secret passage......

passage...? i'm not looking to enter some alternate universe...i just need a place to store my car! :D ;)

bruce (notchback) is going to help me out. thanks to those that offered assistance!

Offline mizovalgrl

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »

quote author=silas link=topic=17936.msg118245#msg118245 ssage...? i'm not looking to enter some alternate universe...i just need a place to store my car! :D ;)
Yes, you would  love to enter this part of the universe we call "dry storage heaven".......Situated in a private setting in a heated barn under a canopy of old growth cedar's...o.k maybe the other spot is cool too.....