Author Topic: Ida...42mm Venturies Wanted!  (Read 1087 times)

Offline surgerypending

Ida...42mm Venturies Wanted!
« on: December 18, 2006, 05:11:26 PM »
Looking for two 42mm venturies for IDA carb.
Also, if anyone has or knows where I can buy the tabs that hold the pro stacks in place.....that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Gerry
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Offline notchback

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 05:07:38 PM »
Gerry,  are you talking about keeping in the small venturi when you install large pro stacks because when i had mine i had to pop out the press in plugs and drill and tap for thread in plugs to hold them in. The stacks themselves are just a bolt on. You can buy 42mm vents from overseas as i did they are fairly affordable
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »
I've bought a number of things from this Ebay seller with good results.

http://stores.ebay.com/carbpartsdirect_W0Q...sQ3amesstQQtZkm

If he doens't list what you need send him an email as I find he can get pretty much anything.

Offline surgerypending

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:06:33 PM »
Bruce...the tabs i've seen are to hold in the IDA prostacks only...4 for each stack.
James..thats a good link...i think i'll contact that guy...the carb rebuild kits look like a good deal.
I got each of my carbs for different sources and one has 42mm ventries and the other one has 37mm venturies...so i'm looking for 2 more of the 42's. I was looking at the Jaycee site last nite and they seem to have some venturies that they make....not sure if anyone here has used them?
Anyway, I have to start pushing hard in the new year...I still have lots to do.
Gerry
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 07:49:54 PM »

I am just curious.

When airspeed was in business, did they had this kind of items or more so did they stocked them?

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 08:01:52 PM »
Yup Airspeed carried them

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 09:00:41 PM »
Give Turbo Jim a call. He was holding some tonight I saw them.. ;)

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Bruce

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 11:29:12 PM »

James..thats a good link...i think i'll contact that guy...the carb rebuild kits look like a good deal.

I had a look at the rebuild kits and thought that was the stupidest kit i've ever seen.  For example, it includes the plug on top of the filter screen.  That part never wears out, never gets damaged, and is never missing.  Why make you buy it?  The throttle shaft spring and pump lever spring are other items you don't need.  

A couple of weeks ago I was in at Overseas Auto on Main and had a look at their kits.  They are genuine Weber, with only the gaskets you need, for a lot less $.  Then Overseas carries any of the other bits you may need separately.  Including 42mm venturis.  Talk to Jim there.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 11:38:26 PM by Bruce »

Offline surgerypending

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 05:40:31 PM »
Thanks for the tip Bruce.
I went there today and picked up the rebuild kits....the don't have any 42mm venturies tho....he mentioned I could get my 37's machined...thats aleast a good option.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 03:45:34 AM »
You've got several months to find 2 vents.  Samba....

I wouldn't try to machine them.  No matter how good the machinist thinks he is, it will be extremely difficult to duplicate the flow characteristics of the original Weber vents in the other carb.

Offline Darren Dilley

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 04:18:37 PM »
i have a bunch kicking around my shop.. i dont know what size they are but if you get a hold of Lanny i think he will know  
life without racing..is no life at all

Offline surgerypending

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 04:58:14 PM »
Thanks Darren
Turbo Jimmy thinks he has what I need....I should know by the weekend.
If I have no luck I will contact Lanny and see what you guys have in your stash.
Thanks
Gerry