Author Topic: bug fuel injection?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline 70's Looker

• More than a 70's Hooker!
  • what's this for?
bug fuel injection?
« on: July 18, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
alright so a friend of mine got a 76 std beetle with the injection moter, its sat for a few and whenever he starts it up after the fast idle comes off it just wants to die, i have no idea where to begin to give advice on these engines soo i turn it over to the asf crew, anything thing to look at first right of the bat? he has dumped some cleaner into it thats about all!
Zündfolge Car Club

Offline Chris

• Car.
Re: bug fuel injection?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »
look for loose or missing vacuum lines would be my first suggestion

Offline 70's Looker

• what's this for?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »
thanks chris, checked it over tonite tube running from the oil filler hole to the top of the throttle body was cracked big time, some half ass tape work and everything is roses!
Zündfolge Car Club

Offline 70's Looker

• what's this for?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »
ok so after last nite it was running great! this morning we went to start it to get an inspection and wham no dice no starting turns over but no fire, contact at points, but nothing the thing i noticed though was when you turned the ignition key on it use to make two little buzzs now there is nothing would anyone be able to know what those buzzs were for? we yanked the intake hose off and moved the flapper inside the air meter but no pump noise, im thinking the buzzs was for the quick shot of pump fuel but im not 100% anyone play with FI engines?
Zündfolge Car Club

Offline mizovalgrl

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »
ok so after last nite it was running great! this morning we went to start it to get an inspection and wham no dice no starting turns over but no fire, contact at points, but nothing the thing i noticed though was when you turned the ignition key on it use to make two little buzzs now there is nothing would anyone be able to know what those buzzs were for? we yanked the intake hose off and moved the flapper inside the air meter but no pump noise, im thinking the buzzs was for the quick shot of pump fuel but im not 100% anyone play with FI engines?
Is there gas in it? lol_hitting

Offline 70's Looker

• what's this for?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »
tons!
Zündfolge Car Club

Offline mizovalgrl

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 07:07:46 PM »

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 07:21:50 PM »
Where's it at? I may be able to have a look Thurs.. Is the little brown wire connected to the battery - ? Tried wiggling all the plugs, connectors and grounds?
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline 70's Looker

• what's this for?
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »
jeez! thanks mark, checked out the little brown wire at the - side of the terminal and ya it had broke off! thanks again man!
Zündfolge Car Club

Offline mizovalgrl

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »
jeez! thanks mark, checked out the little brown wire at the - side of the terminal and ya it had broke off! thanks again man!
k Is it fixed and ready to roll out of the Brooks"hood".....lol

Offline 70's Looker

• what's this for?
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 09:37:09 PM »
haha you know it
Zündfolge Car Club

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 12:38:09 AM »
tons!
who are you???? :huh:

Seriously thats just getting old, do I know you?

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 12:42:12 AM »

Walk away Kevin, you have clearly had too much already.