Author Topic: Parts FS and Free  (Read 3609 times)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Re: Parts FS and Free
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 08:44:01 PM »
interesting discussion!

full disclosure...i'm going to ramble so sorry if i bore anyone and my apologies to garetlaw for highjacking this thread (i wouldn't normally do this to a classified add, i respect that you still may or may not have stuff here for sale, and i'll delete my post if you or the admins request me to do so).  :) :cool:

imho, no online forum/classified format is going to be perfect and you will never be able to please everyone. there will always be lazy sellers, tire kicker buyers, over priced parts, dated adds & dead links. there will also be honest sellers, enthusiastic buyers, great deals, people finding parts they need to fix/finish their rides and new friendships made between sellers & buyers!

in the case of this particular classified add...i think garetlaw (richard, the op) really went above & beyond the call of duty and did way more than what a lot of sellers do. he took pics of every part he had for sale, he numbered/labeled them, and he offered fair and smoking deals on everything! plus he was descriptive and honest in his sales pitch. this thread was dead for over 3 months, someone bumped it to the top while inquiring about a part, a couple others replied and then it was stated twice that most of the stuff was gone and that the seller is not very active on this site. no harm, no foul...to anyone.

valcon...welcome to the asf!! as bwaz stated, you most likely will experience some verification duties with your first few posts and this is used to keep the spammers & scammers away (neither of which you are, it's just procedure). there are no ring leaders, it is not a biker gang (although i do still wear my buttless leather chaps every once and awhile...they're still in, right...?) and everyone is welcome to and encouraged to use as many other sites as they wish (thats the beauty of the www...). also, i'm always open to hearing about new ideas (i'm sure everyone here would be too)!!

so...correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm going to assume your main focus right now is about www.aircooledcanada.com

if i didnt glance at your signature i wouldn't have known about it. usually i'm way too lazy to copy & paste a link but this time i did. cool site! can i make a few suggestions (take 'em or leave 'em...it's all good)...

...create a live link to your site in your signature so i can hover my cursor over it and click it and go right to your site. start a thread in the members vws section here on the asf and tell us about yourself and that bitchin' vert in your profile pic. then start another thread in the air speed lounge section and tell us all about www.aircooledcanada.com and how it works. then start more threads about your site on every other forum you can find (vvwc, thesamba, craigslist, fb, etc) and let's build the hype...!!

just my $.02. good luck and please keep us posted!!

valcon

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 09:06:24 PM »
Points taken.  I'm not trying to piss anyone off or offend anyone associated with this site.  I like the discussions and everyone is always willing to help.  I was on the site for a number of years then let my account lapse.  Signed back on about five months back and tried to promote the classified site a few times.  Everyone thinks it's cool but nobody seems to want to give it a try.  I troll thesamba like everyone and have sold three double cabs and two split busses south of the border over the past few years... Another one went there as well via the Sunshine Coast.  Kind of sad that they will never make it back to Canada - especially with the low dollar.

On the positive side, Scubagord and I have swapped single cabs and kept them in BC.  Gordo, that 56 low rider is a good fit for you.  I like the stock look myself so I won't be looking for drop spindles or IRS suspensions - leaving that to Johnny, Geoff and Gordo.

As for the www.aircooledcanada.com website.  The idea is that buyers in Canada have some regional options like airspeed and can hunt Kijiji and Craigslist endlessly (hey, found the 56 that way) or we can build a site that specializes in VW Classifieds with a C$ price tag.  I sell software but I'm not a web designer.  The tool that I'm using is cheap, not free but I figure if I sell one or two things a year I can keep it running.  I have no aspirations of building it out with Forums or discussion groups.  Heck ... That just gets me in trouble anyway :). It is simply a place to post your crap... And buy more and hopefully relevant crap.  I do have a "Website Suggestion" forum that you can post your suggestions to and I've added links for other sites (I.e. Airspeed, Airriders, Uship...). 

Those that go to the site tell me it is Cool.. Like Canada.  It could use a logo if anyone is that creative.  I'm thinking a biker type theme :) I will check out that hover thing.

Cheers!

Offline 68bluebeetle

• AirSpeed Forum Member / Bug Restorer
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 12:16:00 AM »
I know its a long time ago, but by chance do you have any of those items still for sale?  I need a carb.  Let me know.  Stephen B at 68bluebeetle@gmail.com
Stephen B
68bluebeetle@gmail.com
11 bug owner, restorer, engines builds X 5