Author Topic: Another new member...  (Read 1715 times)

Offline doormaker

Another new member...
« on: July 19, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »
Hey guys, well I was living back east for a few years,and when i got home I thought I would get the old 73 sport bug going for summer.
But as luck would have it ,when i went to hand turn it over it wasnt happy.
I sprayed some WD in the cylinders BEFORE i left,but I didnt think I would be gone so long,and as my brother said he fired it up a few times,but anyways dropped the motor,pulled the heads,p&c's and it looked like I thought it would, with some rusting and pitting in one cylinder,but heres the kicker....It was a brand new 1914 with maybe 500 miles on it,I wasnt happy...

So what started out as just putting some new 94's on,then turned into ordering new 044 Magnums cnc ported and matching manifolds,
78 mm CB forged crank and H beam rods chevy journal, my case is a new as41 mag and my cam like new Web 118 with straightcuts
msd dizzy, aurora ignition box, same "1 5/8 pheonix header ive had for years,looking for 9-1 comp.

The only thing is I bought new 44 idf's and csp linkage when I was gonna fire the 1914 back up,and had i known i was going bigger with better heads I would have bought ida's,but it should still go down the road good.

Now the wait for my stuff to get here!!!

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Re: Another new member...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:15:49 PM »
Welcome to the ASF!

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 09:38:22 PM »
hey mang
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline Jeremy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 10:06:46 PM »
Welcome. Sounds like a good start to your motor project. :)
'59 Beetle
'59 Single Cab

Offline buddy boy

• Marked for life
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 11:48:51 PM »
what up foo !!

"only dead fish swim with the stream"

Offline OUTKAST

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 08:16:22 AM »
Welcome aboard  O0

Offline doormaker

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »
Thanks guys

Picked up my shipment from C.B. and Geers at the border, its Christmas in july!!!
Waiting for my cam and lifters from Pauter machine,bye the way Mario at Pauter was super nice to deal with ,spent probably 15 mins
on the phone helping me decide on my cam choice,Ive met him and Don before and there awsome guys.
So come on UPS get my cam here!!!