Author Topic: Brazilian buses from Buses n Bugs  (Read 1401 times)

Offline iceneweb

Brazilian buses from Buses n Bugs
« on: December 22, 2019, 09:21:31 PM »
Hi all,
I'm on the hunt for a split bus driver, and during my search I came across a ton of listings by Buses n Bugs on the Samba.
https://www.vwbusesnbugs.com
They seem to have locations in Florida, Texas and California.
Here's an example listing;
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2300559
Has anyone here bought from them?
Aside from the obvious hassle of getting it up here, what's the catch?
Thanks!
Mark

Luftgekühlte Volkswagen für mein Leben . . . .

1971 Westfalia Campmobile

Offline Lanny

Re: Brazilian buses from Buses n Bugs
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 06:33:48 AM »
The catch is that they are Brazilian. Most are cobbled together vehicles that are slightly different from the German built vehicles in virtually every aspect. You get what you pay for. Depending on expectations, one might fit the bill just fine.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 07:21:34 AM by Lanny »

Offline kinggeorge13

• Whaddya mean I can't buy more buses?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 06:41:48 PM »
Interesting.   Going to their website and watching their "Explainer Video" certainly gives some insight.  Makes it seem also like the buses are not even in the US yet and are being found/built out of "accessory" options.  Interesting but curious.  Their year of each bus is kinda weird as they are often some kind of split window version but are saying they are 1975 or 1974 or whatever.   I did not look a bunch into these or very deeply.  I just started poking around due to this post.   Sounds risky to me but then again, buying any used bus is exactly that and part of the fun, I suppose.  But not seeing/touching/trying before spending $15,000 U.S. seems not so fun.
1975 Westy, Serenity
1975 Westy, Jack Sparrow
1979 Kombi, Pistachio
1979 Kombi, Oliver
1977 Tin top camper, Cosmos
1974 Westy, Garfield
1973 Tin top camper, Bart (now thinking he's 1976)
1974 gutted Riviera, Casper
1975 Westy, Stella
1979 Super Beetle, Penelope
1967 Fastback, Green Hornet

Offline gsun

• AirSpeed Forum Member
9 years and counting....

Offline iceneweb

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 11:22:10 PM »
Interesting.   Going to their website and watching their "Explainer Video" certainly gives some insight.  Makes it seem also like the buses are not even in the US yet and are being found/built out of "accessory" options.  Interesting but curious.  Their year of each bus is kinda weird as they are often some kind of split window version but are saying they are 1975 or 1974 or whatever.   I did not look a bunch into these or very deeply.  I just started poking around due to this post.   Sounds risky to me but then again, buying any used bus is exactly that and part of the fun, I suppose.  But not seeing/touching/trying before spending $15,000 U.S. seems not so fun.

They produced all kinds of oddities in Brazil, including split screen buses right up to 1975, and they even made watercooled bays.

I agree though. Going halfway across the continent to buy a bus is a bit nerve wracking. Mind you, people do that sort of thing all the time if you look at eBay or Bring a Trailer.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

I'm now considering buying a beetle, Manx, Bay or split driver closer to home, so please PM me if you're thinking of selling.
Luftgekühlte Volkswagen für mein Leben . . . .

1971 Westfalia Campmobile