Author Topic: Flat 4 Fake Fuchs "ffff"  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Bill in AZ

Flat 4 Fake Fuchs "ffff"
« on: January 24, 2008, 10:06:27 AM »
I know you guys have seen these, are they worth the money for my daughter's car (my dad's old blue '68)?

What I would like to do is use 4.5's and 5.5's, but I am looking for black and polished. Are the black and polished ones CIP's sells Flat4 or are they the European ones that are lower quality?

Also, what are your thoughts on tire sizes? I haven't added a narrowed beam. I was thinking 145's and 205-65-15's. Will 205 -70-15 fit under the fender on a '68?

THanks
Bill Brewer

Offline dannyboy

Flat 4 Fake Fuchs "ffff"
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:55:51 PM »
as far as i know the black and polished ones are the euro repops, the ones ive seen i really didnt like... the flat four ones are nice tho, my only complaint was the polishing wasnt top notch... but i guess thats to be expected for the price you pay. as far as the fit goes it may fit but its going to be tight imho. 205s fill up the fenderwell on a earlier short axle bug, so with your long axles (assuming its never been changed to shorts) the tires might hit the lip of the fenders. Theres only one way to know for sure, bring the beetle down to a tire shop and have em mount up a tire to see if it fits.... not all shops will do this, but some of the rod/custom  friendly shops will.
-dan

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Flat 4 Fake Fuchs "ffff"
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 06:36:19 AM »
Bill!!!!!! Mr Brewer!  How the hell are ya? Long time no see, hear, speak.
Hope to see you around here a little more.

Like Danny said, The cheap Euro ones are what CIP sells unless they have got  some FF in recently, but the price will reflect that.
Geoff.