Author Topic: Valve Stems For Early Porsche Fuchs?  (Read 2031 times)

Offline SINGLECAB

Valve Stems For Early Porsche Fuchs?
« on: May 15, 2004, 06:45:56 PM »
I recently purchased a set of polished fuchs. The problem that I have is that i cannot find any valve stems to fit the wheel. The regular valve stems that are normally used will not stay seated in the wheel. Has anybody ever encountered this problem before? I have been to three local tire shops and tried many cominations of rubber and metal valve stems with no luck to be had :blink:  

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 09:25:09 PM »
airspeed has them! Or at least I think they do, Geoff had some for the porsche wheels I bought from him and he said they were specific to the wheels.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 09:26:11 PM by 1976BUS »

Offline Bruce

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 11:50:13 AM »
The valve stems you need are TR-415.  They are fatter than the common one that 99.999% of the cars use today.  You need to use these because originally your early Fuchs were intended to use with tubes.

If you can't find these valve stems, I have them.  I'm in S Bby.

Offline Aircooled

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 06:20:51 PM »
The early Porsche Fuch's were fitted with innertubes with comes complete with the value stem.  You can also tell by the inner lip of the rim which would be missing the seal lip.  The rims were like this until 1968-69 when they went tubeless.  I have a set on my 66 Vert with the inner tube; they work fine.

Good Luck