Author Topic: New Guy Says Hi  (Read 1169 times)

Offline stroller

New Guy Says Hi
« on: July 08, 2007, 05:26:12 PM »
Hi- 1st day as member. My '69 Ghia 'vert is being (very slowly) restored by an expert but over-busy body man in the Interior. Basically new/rebuilt metal from the waistline down- all the usual rust. I bought the car originally in 1980- it had already been sorta restored then- loved and drove it for a couple of years then sold it to a friend- sacrificed in honour of our 2nd mortgage. He parked it in his barn in 1985, where it sat collecting mouse and pigeon sh- I mean droppings, until I persuaded him to sell it back to me. So, 's like meeting an old girlfriend from way back when and hooking up again!

I hope to get some advice- the original engine ran OK but I want a modest boost in power without losing out in the reliability end of things. Am hoping to get either a turnkey replacement or to be pointed to a good engine shop. I have looked at some of the American sites offering turnkey engines but am nervous about cross-border stuff, warranties etc.

Are double carbs worth it? Who are the best local (southern BC) people to deal with? - I live in Kamloops.

Hi to all. Looking forward to having something to drive rather than just fantasizing.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
New Guy Says Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »
welocme to the asf stroller!! B)  

Billyisgr8

New Guy Says Hi
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »
Hi I am from Sicamous, There is Marty Todd from Salmon Arm, and a few also from Kamloops.

Welcome and good to meet you.

Kevin