Author Topic: Have A Alighn Set ,know How Do You Use It  (Read 1197 times)

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Have A Alighn Set ,know How Do You Use It
« on: October 25, 2005, 06:28:08 PM »
i have this vw align bore set for vw cases and want to set it up for boring my crank case back to stock ,seems at the case parting surface i'm .002 below vw min spec on my #1 bearing bore.i figured out how to set the cutters as well as ounting it in the case ,but what drives this thing.there is a attachment that hooks into a drill but not sure were it mount to the bar .as well as not sure what drives the boring bar in and out.if anyone has seen this used before please post here .i figure it will be great to have a main bore set -up for stock dimension locally.

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline Hansk

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 07:50:58 PM »
OK it's been a long LONG time but it looks like you have everything there.  The big unit that fits into the flywheel seal bore, is the feed.  I just can't remember if you put your drill(allen bit?) onto it , or the bar it self at the pulley end? or what the fisical connection is between the feed unit and the bar. If I had it in my hands I could probably remember.  
Big fat black fastback

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:28:48 PM »
Darren K has the same one as do I. I havent used one in 7-8 years. I know Darren can walk you thru it. The main thing is to have a bar set up fot 1st,2nd and 3rd cut so you dont have to keep changing or adjusting the cutters. Practice on a old case ;)

Looks like you have the thrust cutter as well.

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 10:04:12 PM »
well after looking at it for a bit i finnally realised i have parts from 2 sets.so here i was trying to figure how the whole thing bolted together not realising i did not need all the parts.
then vola!!! LIFT THE FOAM PAD and the instructions are there!!
now i get it.
ok now i need some junk cases to practice on and set bar up.
thanks bruce .you gave me the idea a long time ago about sending my case to rimco as they have a std bar setupto bore  and seams thats what needs to be done.
#4/#3 are great #2 is less than .001 out but #1 is undersized  

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp