Author Topic: Todays Sun paper - pg.A2  (Read 1668 times)

Offline blueberry

• Gary (Blueberry)
Todays Sun paper - pg.A2
« on: December 28, 2019, 04:07:12 PM »
Great little article on Geoff"s dad Roy. He was a long time illustrator for the Sun and the particular "poster" referred to was indeed very complete and well thought out! You have to be a certain age though to really remember the popularity of his work!!
Gary Endersby

Offline gsun

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Re: Todays Sun paper - pg.A2
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 05:00:04 PM »
Here it is online. I'm going to have to look in depth at the Sixties poster - a lot of stuff there!

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/this-week-in-history-1969-roy-peterson-captured-the-sixties-in-an-epic-artwork
9 years and counting....

Offline berliner

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 06:53:24 PM »
I'm of that age!My first concert was the Beatles at Empire Stadium...when dinosaurs roamed the earth.That was1964,the year my Ghia was born.
what can possibly go wrong?                                                                     64ghia

Offline berliner

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 08:13:45 PM »
I've been looking over this beautiful work of art,remembering long-gone people in the news.I have to figure out how to "bigger" it as my sight is not what it was. That goofy looking thing above the"X" is not a muppet;it's an "Ookpik"
what can possibly go wrong?                                                                     64ghia