Author Topic: Mission T & T  (Read 1980 times)

Billyisgr8

Mission T & T
« on: September 04, 2008, 09:06:42 AM »
I'm thinking of going on Sept 26.  what time does it go till...from 8am  to ?  Any idea with how many  cars until it is full?  How long have you guys usually had to wait in line to make a pass? I just have carb tunning to do so I will be able to hot lap quickly. Once dialled in. Just trying to do some planing.  Can't book a spot  till after the 15 though.  I would be there all day, and race the street legals too.

Kevin

Offline Bruce

Re: Mission T & T
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:09:35 PM »
How long have you guys usually had to wait in line to make a pass?
Last time Darren and Jim went, they were able to hot lap the whole time.  15-20 passes would be easy.

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »
i'll be there ,weather permitting of course.
today i ran 11 times ,lets say i used almost 4 gallons of fuel ;)would like to of run more ,but had things i was working on.
sometimes there is know one or a few guys ahead of you and sometimes you wait 20 min .depends whats ahead of you.
it all works out in the end
i always get there between 8.30 and 9.00 .no rush to tech and get organised then
when they open the track around 10.00 i'm good to go.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:15:04 PM by jim martin »

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Billyisgr8

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 08:11:24 AM »
Are there power plugs on the light poles?  I need extra power for the laptop and reveiwing data logged runs?  Battery only lasts 1 hour max.

Looking forward to see you there Jim.  Hopefully I can get the gremlins worked out of the holley finally.

Kevin

Offline Island bugs

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 11:58:41 PM »
There are some power outlets in the camper area behind the mid track tower and restrooms. Sept 27 and 28 is the last Super Shifter race so if all goes well on Friday why not try actually racing. You might even enjoy it, you'll never know??? If you pit near us you can plug in to the generator anytime you want.
wayne (assuming I have a working motor by then??)

Billyisgr8

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 06:31:50 PM »
  Thanks Wayne  I would love to race on the weekend, but I have to help out my bro-in-law Saturday and Sunday.  This is why I want to hit the T&T on Friday, and most likely the street legals Friday night since I am coming out anyway and will be the last chance this year for me.

Kevin

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »
racing love to but with little ones weekend are special,but i think i will try a super shifter event next year and see how it goes.

Dialedinp

Offline jim martin

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 06:10:35 PM »
got my call i'm in .
anyone else planning on heading out best call in and reserve a spot .
see you all on the 26th

Dialedinp

Billyisgr8

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 08:45:20 PM »
as of this morning  I'm reserved too.

Kevin

Billyisgr8

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »
 I`m  not bringing down the car based on the weather forcast ::).  But  I will be traveling to Osoyoos next Sunday to catch the last race of the year at the race track there.    http://www.winecountryracing.ca/facility.html

Have fun if you do go Jim. 

Kevin

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 05:44:54 PM »
way cool, maybe I ought to try for a double shot that weekend, I am hitting mission that friday.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 07:19:06 PM »
I`m  not bringing down the car based on the weather forcast ::).  But  I will be traveling to Osoyoos next Sunday to catch the last race of the year at the race track there.    http://www.winecountryracing.ca/facility.html

Have fun if you do go Jim. 

Kevin

wow...sounds like a pretty cool set-up in a beautifull setting. the first thing i thought of when i saw the pic of the cars racing on the old airstrip was the das drag days that der autobahn scrapers hold each year across the pond.

it would be really cool to get a bunch of acvws up there during some weekend in the summer...

Offline jim martin

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 08:15:12 PM »
 FRIDAY

Variable cloudiness
High 17

Dialedinp

Billyisgr8

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 10:17:28 PM »
Enviroment Canada calls for 40% rain, and growing up in the valley I will take that as rain on and off most of the day in Mission.

I will be in Abbotsford though at my sisters place, if I see it looks good for the evening I will come out for the street legals to watch.

It would be awsome to make the treck down to Osoyoos and meet up with a bunch of aircooled vw's for racing.

Kevin

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »
I recognize this tune Kev.... Gonna be nice weather this weekend.... BRING IT!

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 03:37:20 PM »
I recognize this tune Kev.... Gonna be nice weather this weekend.... BRING IT!

says the guy who sold his car....

Billyisgr8

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 08:54:03 AM »
hahahaha good one Chris....was at the track for the street legals but with no car.  Great to see Jim and Mike out, there too bad Jim didn't get the last pass in before shutting down due to rain, it sucks when sitting in the staging lanes and get told to turn around.  I guess next time Jim you will see if the changes to the percentages will make a differernce in the top end.

Not many cars out, Jim would have had 4 passes by 9:00 if not shut down by rain.  Very fun to watch, Jim was neck and neck for fastest time and I'm sure would have reclaimed 1st place back on the last pass.

Kevin