Author Topic: Mixing Formula For L271 Texas Brown?  (Read 2415 times)

Offline AL.

Mixing Formula For L271 Texas Brown?
« on: February 27, 2007, 09:47:43 PM »
I believe it's Sikkens single stage. The shop I deal with can't get the formula. Can anyone here let me know?
'54 Cdn. Std. Ragtop
'69 Baja
'57 Volksrod Lawn Ornament

"The perfect race car crosses the finish line in first place then falls to pieces."   -Ferdinand Porsche

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:54:30 PM »
i'd guess that surgerypending (gerry) or geoff peterson would be able to set you up with the formula.

the heb was painted that colour so those 2 guys will be familiar with it.

Offline AL.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 10:49:38 PM »
Thanks Silas! Gerry? Geoff?
'54 Cdn. Std. Ragtop
'69 Baja

"The perfect race car crosses the finish line in first place then falls to pieces."   -Ferdinand Porsche

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 08:01:27 AM »
My car is not really Texas brown but my own choice of something close....that way no one had the same color. If you want the mix (code) for what I had Gerry should have the formula. (I gave the can with the code to the new owner)

Geoff.

Offline surgerypending

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 10:09:03 AM »
I don't have the information on the formula but I think I might have marked it in the book we chose it from. If not Geoff would have to contact the guy he sold his car to to get the information. It's a base coat/clear coat finish! I can get you the base and reducer...it's not cheap...and you can use whatever clear over top that your painter likes. I'm off work till the end of March so it won't be till early April if you want it.
Gerry
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Offline AL.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 07:10:50 PM »
Thanks guys for the replys. I wanted to do a few little suspension pieces Texas Brown cuz I think it would go well with my Sahara Beige body and be year correct. My Sahara Beige is also not exact so I think I'm just going to pick something really close from one of their books.
Thanks anyway!
'54 Cdn. Std. Ragtop
'69 Baja

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:28:45 PM »
My car is not really Texas brown but my own choice of something close....
i stand corrected. ;)