Author Topic: Update #25  (Read 6798 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Update #25
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:48:04 AM »
First off I have to take a minute to thank a very good friens who went out of his way and gave up a week of nights and a long weekend to help get my car preped and painted. Gerry aka (Surgerypending) as well his wife who put up with us in the garage every night when I'm sure she would have liked to have some time with him. Thanks Gerry!

This is the front nerf bumper that I built and had chromed, It mounts the headlights as well as the horn on the back side.
I also started to build the wiring harness so that when it came back from paint I would have a head start.

Some of the very rough wiring being laid out.

While I was doing the wiring Gerry was going over the body work I had done on the doors and hood. He made them look PERFECT! Keep in mind I had originaly planned to just paint the car red/brown oxide primer.

Once all the doors/hoods were done it was time to move the body to Gerrys place.

First step was to spray Sikkens Polly Surfacer, It's almost like a very thick primer or  thin bondo.....Very cool!

Next a guide coat and some 320

Once that was all blocked out it was onto some primer.

Looking much better already!

At this point it has been a few days and this was Friday night, Time to tuck it away and get some rest.
Gerrys beautiful 56 sits next to the Heb.

The motor was now test fit to the pan and mocked up....Check out the 60's Weiand pully cover. Bitchen!!! :D

I spent part of Friday night spraying the inners on the doors and hood.............................are you ready to see the color?

Got a barf bag ready?
 :D

Well I decided to go with a Orig VW color, 1950 L271 Texas Brown.
This pic makes it look worse than it is. It really look's quite good when you see the entire car painted.

For now here is a peek at the.....Poo brown....UPS Brown....whatever you want to call it :D