Author Topic: Fs 66 Dc  (Read 6309 times)

Offline Chris

• Car.
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2005, 11:45:13 AM »
Always thinking the - , now it could have been a compliment......

well..

could have :P
your right, im sorry, but I am sure that I am still right too!

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2005, 11:54:55 AM »
Shane, just so you know, now that you changed your mind I have cancelled my loan with my bank. They laughed at me anyway. ;)  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2005, 05:54:17 PM »
So here is the latest on teh DC Saga, On my way home from Kelowna today "andy" calls me and leaves a heart wrenching message on my phone, So now my bleeding heart comes out and all this stuff goes through my mind (does not help I am extremly tired) I start thinking about Hans and his Fastback and I start thinking about what if I had built that truck and then sold? How bad would I want it back... So I call Amanda and tell her about the message, she says " No it is now your truck and you are keeping it" " But it is your decision"
So I come home and play the message to Amanda and she says" Ok I see your point now"
Help me out guys , What should I do. Honestly to put it in perspective, If my wife(god forbid) told me to get rid of the Hulk or the DC I would sell the Hulk, This truck is just so unique,(Thus I see why Andy wants it back)
If it was a Beetle it would not be so hard , But these trucks are getting harder to find ...and prices are getting crazy... :wacko:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 05:55:53 PM by Pointblank »
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Chris

• Car.
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2005, 06:15:47 PM »
Karma is a great thing but I am sorry but money talks, you have well over $15000 in this DC, is he willing to pay the price? I personally would be sad to see this gone.

Did you ever think that your just too nice of a guy?

Your allowed to say no.

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2005, 06:41:16 PM »
Dood: You got enough good karma for all of us. This one is yours.....you deserve it. As Chris said, you are allowed to say no.

Keep it Shane. Just think of it as the DC has a good home.

J
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline ScreamnStroker

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2005, 06:54:57 PM »
It's a Unique truck,
it's a keeper ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 06:55:27 PM by ScreamnStroker »

Offline Brent

• http://
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2005, 07:04:50 PM »
Shane,
Years ago I sold a car that I later deeply regreted selling.  I would have loved to buy it back but it never happened. It is just one of those decissions that I have had to live with.  I feel for Andy but I agree with the other guys on the forum.  It is your vehicle to enjoy now and don't feel guilty about keeping it.   Maybe you could work out the deal that he could have first chance at buying it back if/when you ever do decide to sell it.

Matt

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2005, 07:08:08 PM »
have you thought of maybe a trade? have him buy another one that is of equal condition if not better and trade him for "the only materialistic thing of value to him and his family". Nah screw it.....just keep it.

Offline Darren Dilley

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2005, 07:10:42 PM »
Heres my 2cents...  the guy is leaving for iraq.. if he makes it back then think about selling it to him  
life without racing..is no life at all

Offline kirin

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2005, 07:26:52 PM »
Hard call Shane,
Your one of the guys in the aircooled community that has the biggest freaking heart of gold I have ever seen. Good karma comes and goes and you definetly have what is going for you. Think it through a bit and I'm sure you will make the right decision..
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2005, 07:27:13 PM »
Yeah make him a deal, If you decide to sell it he gets first chance but until that day comes you will "Maintain" it for him :D

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2005, 07:27:59 PM »
have you thought of maybe a trade? have him buy another one that is of equal condition if not better and trade him for "the only materialistic thing of value to him and his family". Nah screw it.....just keep it.
Funny you say that matt, That was an option that ran through my mind....You just want the road trip :P  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Matt

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2005, 07:43:09 PM »
You just want the road trip :P
um....yup.

Russ

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2005, 10:19:26 PM »
Yeah make him a deal, If you decide to sell it he gets first chance but until that day comes you will "Maintain" it for him :D
Geoff i think has the right idea.
i feel for the guy but he did let it go in the first place,think of it this way he will always know where it is (which is more than i can say for most people trying to find lost cars)
russ
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:20:00 PM by Russ »

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2005, 10:30:28 PM »
sell it to him.

add up the original cost + wheels & safaris & shifter + time and cost of shipping it home and tell him that if he can come up with the cash, it's his.

the guy is leaving for iraq.. if he makes it back then think about selling it to him

imho, that's really not a very appropriate thing to say.

the guy is going to fight in a war. i'm not going to go into detail about the politics and beliefs and what not of that situation, but the bottom line is...he is leaving his life and his family and going to enter a hostile situation and put his life on the line so that others may continue to exist in this beautifull world.

i'm sure most of us know of someone who has been there and done that at some point.

that's not the only reason, but it is a big one.

also, it's only a dc. yes it's orange and louvered and lowered and cool, but it's only a car and you havent had it for that long and you didnt build it.

now, dont get me wrong shane. you're an outstanding man with a heart of gold and an extremely positive attitude. so regardless of what your final decision may be, your still top notch in my books.

it's a tough call all around.

that's just my opinion on the matter.  ;)

Offline moni

• http://www.texturedimpressions.com
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2005, 10:30:57 PM »
Heres my 2cents...  the guy is leaving for iraq.. if he makes it back then think about selling it to him
ouch! but darren's comment brings up an even more heart-wrenching possibility: what if a year from now mrs. andy calls because he doesn't make it home...  :huh: i might have heard this on the apprentice, but i don't think making business decisions based on emotions is such a good idea.

Keep it Shane. Just think of it as the DC has a good home.

i'll second slammedbus' wise words.
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral.

Offline Mowser

• "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. " Calvin
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2005, 12:30:01 AM »
Straight from my heart Shane.  Keep it.  If you were to sell it back to him sure you'd get that warm fuzzy feeling of being the nice guy.  Fact is 3 months down the line you'd be in the same boat as him.  Chasing the one that you let slip.  It obviously means alot more to you and your family than you let on or this wouldn't be such a hard decision.
making business decisions based on emotions is such a good idea.

My advise which you can take however you like.  Step back and look at it as if it were a friends DC and not your own.  To myself and apparently several others it seems like a cut and dry decision.  It's ultimately your decision and one you'll have to live with.  You said it yourself...  
If my wife(god forbid) told me to get rid of the Hulk or the DC I would sell the Hulk

We'll love you what ever decision you make. :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 12:31:57 AM by Mowser »
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline Needles

• http://
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2005, 06:09:28 AM »
Karma is a great thing but I am sorry but money talks, you have well over $15000 in this DC, is he willing to pay the price? I personally would be sad to see this gone.

Did you ever think that your just too nice of a guy?

Your allowed to say no.
What he said..... :rockon:  :rockon:  

Offline Chris

• Car.
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2005, 06:27:13 AM »
We'll love you what ever decision you make. :)
thats what he says now....

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2005, 08:05:35 AM »
How bout a time share? They could use it the winter months when you wouldn't be, and you could use it in the summer up here. It may not be very feasible as it requires a lot of trust and travel. Would be cool though given we can't really use our nice ones about 6 months of the year. Would get you back 1/2 your $$ to play with. Wow, 3 pages already....This community really cares about you and that truck.  

Offline 67 Cruzer

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2005, 08:36:33 AM »
Well, I just have to say a few things.

Time share ??? Ya that would work ??????????  Give your key board a shake !!!!!

It's a funny thing when you have something that some one once had. It's like an old boy friend trying to get back with your girlfriend.  You know what he is missing, but screw him she is with you now.

I don't post much on here I sold my car to Matt and moved to Ont. But dude, keep the car. If he loved it so much we would have never sold it.    
My knuckles love it ,when I break a Rusty Bolt !!!!!

Matt

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2005, 08:50:19 AM »
I just came up with the best solution.

Donate the DC to me, your worries are over as you don't have to think about what to do. Andy is S.O.L. as I'm keeping it forever. See, everyone's happy, (except for Andy) Dammit I'm smart, I'll pick it up this afternoon.

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2005, 08:56:10 AM »
shook it....I know...stupid idea :blush: but in a perfect world that would be kind of cool. We've got four keepers now and don't have covered storage for all of them. Would be kind of cool if one went to a dry climate for the winter. We sold our yellow 73 Thing for about a year and a half (needed $$ for house down payment). I came home from work bummed out one really sunny day and told Gina I really wanted our thing back, and really regret selling it. Later that night I was out, but the guy we sold it to called and told Gina he was losing storage on a couple of cars and wanted to know if we wanted to buy our Thing back. Refinanced our house and bought it back. Amanda gave you great advice buddy.

If life were always like this...you wouldn't need a f!@*in Visa

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2005, 10:01:41 PM »
sell it to him.

add up the original cost + wheels & safaris & shifter + time and cost of shipping it home and tell him that if he can come up with the cash, it's his.

imho, that's really not a very appropriate thing to say.

the guy is going to fight in a war. i'm not going to go into detail about the politics and beliefs and what not of that situation, but the bottom line is...he is leaving his life and his family and going to enter a hostile situation and put his life on the line so that others may continue to exist in this beautifull world.

i'm sure most of us know of someone who has been there and done that at some point.

that's not the only reason, but it is a big one.

also, it's only a dc. yes it's orange and louvered and lowered and cool, but it's only a car and you havent had it for that long and you didnt build it.

now, dont get me wrong shane. you're an outstanding man with a heart of gold and an extremely positive attitude. so regardless of what your final decision may be, your still top notch in my books.

it's a tough call all around.

that's just my opinion on the matter.  ;)
Ok I had a long talk with Andy today, Here is the Low down,
He is not going to fight the war, He is going over there to work to make Huge cash, He also never built the truck he bought it off the owners daughter after he died, Andy also owned the truck for about 4 months when he had to sell it because he needed cash. So I have owned it longer than Andy and the guy I bought it off.
We came to an agreement that when he gets back and If I want to sell it he would have first crack at it for the new cost.
He agreed and thanks to Flossin for coming up with that Idea.
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Matt

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2005, 10:47:52 PM »
Good call Shane.

FTR,
I don't know why some got bent outta shape at Flossins' comment. The cold, harsh reality is the guy may not come back from Iraq, and that needed to be said. No point in selling a vehicle to someone so emotionally attached to it, if they end up in a box and can't enjoy it. That folks is my opinion. nuff said.

Offline silas

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2005, 10:53:30 PM »
Ok I had a long talk with Andy today, Here is the Low down,
He is not going to fight the war, He is going over there to work to make Huge cash, He also never built the truck he bought it off the owners daughter after he died, Andy also owned the truck for about 4 months when he had to sell it because he needed cash. So I have owned it longer than Andy and the guy I bought it off.
We came to an agreement that when he gets back and If I want to sell it he would have first crack at it for the new cost.
He agreed and thanks to Flossin for coming up with that Idea.

well that changes everything.

fu@& him.

you keep the dc. it is clear now that you have more time and $$ invested in it than he ever had.

he can look for another "materialistic item" to love.  ;)  

Offline silas

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2005, 11:04:06 PM »
FTR,
I don't know why some got bent outta shape at Flossins' comment. The cold, harsh reality is the guy may not come back from Iraq, and that needed to be said.

i disagree.

it didnt need to be said, because anyone with half a clue would realise that that is part of the reality of going to war. it's one of those things that everyone knows is a "given" so to mention it just shows disrespect.

it's kind of like getting the crap beaten out of you and having your buddy say to you "man, you really got the crap beat out of you."

"no, really? thanks for pointing that out captain obvious."

Offline Chris

• Car.
Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2005, 11:30:52 PM »
FTR,
I don't know why some got bent outta shape at Flossins' comment. The cold, harsh reality is the guy may not come back from Iraq, and that needed to be said.

i disagree.

it didnt need to be said, because anyone with half a clue would realise that that is part of the reality of going to war. it's one of those things that everyone knows is a "given" so to mention it just shows disrespect.

it's kind of like getting the crap beaten out of you and having your buddy say to you "man, you really got the crap beat out of you."

"no, really? thanks for pointing that out captain obvious."
he's not going to war.

assumptions were made, american guy going to iraq, blah blah blah. he's going over there to reap the benefits of war, destruction. And he may not come back, risk of going to a country where they are friendly to americans....

lets get on with life now, Shanes not selling the DC, the dood is claiming sentimental value after owning it for 4 months, I have more sentimental value in it than he does. Whats my sentimental value worth?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 11:31:29 PM by 1976BUS »

Matt

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2005, 08:05:28 AM »

Wow, I guess that shows your better than me Silas. I shall never doubt your internet wisdom again. :rolleyes:  

Offline silas

Fs 66 Dc
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2005, 02:55:38 PM »

Wow, I guess that shows your better than me Silas. I shall never doubt your internet wisdom again. :rolleyes:
whatever helps you sleep at night matt.

he's not going to war.

assumptions were made, american guy going to iraq, blah blah blah.

assumptions were made based on the info given.

pointblank stated that he had left a teary message, going to iraq, supposedly built the dc, sentimental value... it was the story until the details where revealed.

lets get on with life now

what makes you think that life had stopped getting on?