Author Topic: Apology From Vwjohn53  (Read 8327 times)

vwjohn53

Apology From Vwjohn53
« on: July 16, 2004, 04:35:58 PM »
:!:  I want to publicly apologize to anyone who has bought a VW from me in the past, that has found that it  had rust issues. i have not covered up rust with spray foam, or carpet, or angle iron, or an old STOP sign to hide rust. but.................. i have bought a lot of VWs that have cans of spray foam empitied into every cavity. I have not gone back to a person, ever, to bitch, after i bought a VW from them. I have found out that not every transaction that goes on between people,  ends up amicably. i will apologize for my shortcomings!              :ph34r:  i know i will get some or maybe many replies to this, but that is unfortunate for both you and me.     thank you     :huh:  

Offline James Buchan

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 04:51:12 PM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 09:20:56 AM by James Buchan »

Offline Chris

• Car.
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 05:34:20 PM »
here here!  

Offline notchback

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 03:39:17 AM »
After James boldly said his piece , I agree with him, what you did to that newcomer to the vw community was horrible, and if you decide to particpate in any vw function sell stuff with pride and honour since we all have to see each other. I feel horrible for what you did to that  kid who just wanted a bug to c ruise with and you sold him a p.o.s. and thats not going to cut it in this area , have some pride.!!!!!! just my 2 cents
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 08:37:05 PM »
John,
  We are your friends, and we love you. To John's accusers: How much is a DAMN motor vehicle inspection? Come on now. We know John well, and love him. He has been into, and daily driving VW's long before most of us were in diapers. He is a great father to his children, and a good friend to those of us who have taken the time to get to know him. He has also helped numerous people without ever asking for a cent.
Chris & Gina

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 09:15:30 PM »
John,
  We are your friends, and we love you. To John's accusers: How much is a DAMN motor vehicle inspection? Come on now. We know John well, and love him. He has been into, and daily driving VW's long before most of us were in diapers. He is a great father to his children, and a good friend to those of us who have taken the time to get to know him. He has also helped numerous people without ever asking for a cent.
Chris & Gina
Maybe you can help this kid get his lugnuts off that John JB welded on??? Come on Vehicle Inspection??? He is a 19yr old kid, who just wanted a Bug so it is ok for a "loving Father" to take advantage of this kid and sell him a "Death Trap" Not just a car that needs a little work... But a Full on Death Trap!. All I know this is not the first story I have heard. I dont deny he is a good father and a good friend to you.. However anyone, I mean anyone who has a concience (Spellin) Would never in a million years sell a car like I just saw to a young kid!!! I could not sleep at night knowing I may have had anything thing to do with ending some kids life for $1400.00
But atleast you got the extra $400 for those empi's which were JB welded on!!! :blink:

John needs to reconize what he has done and make good!! THat is all we ask!!! Now I will step down off this pedistal you put John on!! ;)  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline James Buchan

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 09:29:20 PM »
Damn Shane - you beat me to it.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 09:31:39 PM »
well I am off the soap box now, get on!!!

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline notchback

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 09:40:47 PM »
Shane said that perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline James Buchan

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 09:47:44 PM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 09:21:45 AM by James Buchan »

Offline volksbug

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 12:33:50 AM »
As a vw mechanic i  have safety inspected 100's of cars over the years.  I took a look on Sunday at the black hunk. Condemmed on the spot.  I have sold a few bugs over the years, but i would never have the balls to try to pass off something like that, hell i part out cars 10 times better than that. I am very disappointed that we still have people like this in the vw community..    My 2 cents   Marcel

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 08:55:11 PM »
John has driven this beetle daily for what three years? Daily driver.......and John isn't dead. I'm not saying the deal was good or bad but from High school I've heard from teachers "Buyer beware" and it is up to the buyer to check things out, not up to the seller to try to discourage someone fropm buying a car from them, and come-on.... Any of you should know by now that if you want a reliable car for school you get a Honda not a vintage VW. I'ts embarassing as shit but we drive a Honda almost everyday. We hate it and know it's not as cool as a flat black flamed beetle, but we need the reliability. John's about one of the only guys I know that has the guts to drive one daily (but have you seen the tools and spares he carries with him?) go to vintagebus.com and read "The Rules" by Unca Joe Walker. Did John force the kid to buy the car? I don't think so.
One other thing. You can't make fun of a guy for his disability. and you can't knock a guy for not being able to make it on $800 bucks a month (disability). Shame!
Chris & Gina
If you need a Honda ours is for sale. It's not cool and it's a piece of shit but it has never broken down on us in three years.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 09:37:07 PM »
John has driven this beetle daily for what three years? Daily driver.......and John isn't dead. I'm not saying the deal was good or bad but from High school I've heard from teachers "Buyer beware" and it is up to the buyer to check things out, not up to the seller to try to discourage someone fropm buying a car from them, and come-on.... Any of you should know by now that if you want a reliable car for school you get a Honda not a vintage VW. I'ts embarassing as shit but we drive a Honda almost everyday. We hate it and know it's not as cool as a flat black flamed beetle, but we need the reliability. John's about one of the only guys I know that has the guts to drive one daily (but have you seen the tools and spares he carries with him?) go to vintagebus.com and read "The Rules" by Unca Joe Walker. Did John force the kid to buy the car? I don't think so.
One other thing. You can't make fun of a guy for his disability. and you can't knock a guy for not being able to make it on $800 bucks a month (disability). Shame!
Chris & Gina
If you need a Honda ours is for sale. It's not cool and it's a piece of shit but it has never broken down on us in three years.
But John did "Backdate" The Insurance papers 1 week so the kid had no Buyers remorse. Shame Shame....
John should be dead with the shit he drives...You know John is not the Victim here.. JB Weld on lug nuts...???
I think you are fighting a loosing battle here as I could give you 10 John stories...easy...
JB WELD on LUGNUTS!!!!

Would you sell a car to a kid as a Daily driver if you knew this????Would ya Gina??
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 05:27:18 AM by Pointblank »
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline James Buchan

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 09:44:11 PM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 09:22:05 AM by James Buchan »

Offline 65_Deluxe

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 09:52:52 PM »
High tech Hyde Park,

As a new VW'er, I have dealt with John on numerous occasions.  He has always given me advice, tips and leads on parts cars, free of charge.  What happened with the bug the fellow bought from John is unfortunate.

I guess that's what this great AirSpeed forum website is for, asking around if anyone has seen or heard of a certain VW, or if anyone with some VW knowledge is available to take a look with them.  I am lucky to have a friend who is a VW fanatic and helped me buy an old 65 Beetle.  It needs alot of work but it's pretty solid.  Things that I would never have looked for or read about was pointed out to me.  If you're unsure phone some VW parts places, search the internet for help, etc....

As for the personal jabs, total B.S.!!!  Everyone of us has something happening in our lives that's not perfect.
Hey, did you hear Jack is on welfare?, Steve is unemployed?.......look in the mirror! You're not perfect!!

I still support John, he has always helped me out when needed.

Jeff

Offline James Buchan

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 10:04:23 PM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 09:22:24 AM by James Buchan »

Offline Chris

• Car.
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 11:09:50 PM »
He tried to sell me 1 of 2 different beetles he has, saying they were both roadworthy, when they were rust buckets, the saying goes "BUYER BEWARE" but shame to those who see a buyer that can be taken advantage of, sorry but I will not be buying parts from him unless he makes good. Personally I think he should give the kid his money back and take the car back.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline volksbug

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 12:39:00 AM »
Unfortunately what applies here is buyer beware by John's  standards.   What bites is the fact that  the newbies to the vw world trust some of the seasoned vw veterans and believe what their told. I stand firm that john knowingly sold a piece of junk to a unsuspecting buyer.  How would you like it if it was your son or daughter that bought it!!!????  Think about it!   Marcel
Ps i have met John a few times and dealt with him once and thought he was a nice outgoing person to deal with, but as i previously stated i am deeply disappointed with what has transpired, and unfortunatly sorry doesn't  cut it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 01:30:09 AM by volksbug »

Offline hellgti

• http://
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 08:33:22 AM »
He tried to sell me 1 of 2 different beetles he has, saying they were both roadworthy, when they were rust buckets, the saying goes "BUYER BEWARE" but shame to those who see a buyer that can be taken advantage of, sorry but I will not be buying parts from him unless he makes good. Personally I think he should give the kid his money back and take the car back.

Just my 2 cents.
I 100% agree.  Apologize all you want, it's still not realy going to change what people on this board think.

Offline vwmom

• http://www.imagevent.com/bluefrog
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2004, 11:06:02 AM »
If you're that sorry, refund the money and prove you are actually that.
 :!:  Plain and simple.

Offline Black-Back

• http://
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2004, 12:32:42 PM »
Hmmmm.......sounds like alot of upset people. I've never met this John fellow, but if anyone is going to defend this guy they must be crazy! Loving father aside, anyone who acts like such a nob, and hasn't already made amends to the said young person is unmoral, and as far as I'm concerned NOT community minded. James said it right, "We have a small tight knit family here" and to leave a mark like that is just a disgrace.

In the end we are just human and we all do make mistakes, but Pre meditated tom foolery is just not acceptible, in any Family!

Appologise you may, but be a Man and take that POS back!

2 cents
GOIN' STROKIN' FOR THE SUMMER[/size][/font]

Offline HeliMike

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2004, 02:53:59 PM »
Man that sucks - $1400(?) for a shit-box with "empi's" and JB-weld on the lugnuts! What a jerk. Been-there-done-that when I was that kids' age.
***edit***

Back-dating the papers = not cool.  >:(
Taking blatant advantage of a noob = not cool. >:(
Selling a parts car as a "daily-driver" = not cool. >:(
JB Weld = not cool EVER. Might as well have used Duct-Tape >:(

On a positive note:
I have some parts and time I'm willing to donate to the cause if the car in question is at least repairable and not too far gone. I've been known to crank a wrench from time-to-time so if this guy needs a hand still let's help him out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 08:37:45 AM by Gutterslug »
67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline ehos

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 04:08:28 PM »
Not to mention some of the above is also illegal.

Offline OUTKAST

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2004, 07:20:05 PM »
I have never meet John and hopefully he sees the light and rectifys the problem . I'm sorry to hear you had problems with Rudy feeg though . :(  I have known him and his son Stephan for 15 years and had many cars serviced there 'friend mike grocott still works there . I also bought a Fox wagen and  jetta current car sight unseen and have been pleased with both cars .  :) I'm sure you have your reasons of which we won't go into ,but in Rudys defence I personally have had good dealings with him . I will say one thing however he still thinks I'm crazy driving my old van around  :blink: I guess sometimes you have to go with more than your gut feeling and get some second and third opinions . My first car a 67 standard beetle was unfortunately also a learnig experience due to bad advise and a clever salesman . The good point is there are enough of us good vw lovers out there willing to speak up and help this kid out , that shows true support and the bright side of this forum . Just as they say my 2cents
OUTKAST

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2004, 08:58:34 PM »
I had lived beside Rudy feeg for a number of years... I have also bought a car off him no problem. Despite he was always a grumpy old Fart! This thread is about 1 certain dealing. It is not intended to Bash anyone and everyone.. WE would not be bashing John if he did the right thing...

;)  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Mowser

• "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. " Calvin
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 12:12:54 AM »
Actually OUTKAST you have met John.  Remember the guy in the flamed beetle I got my Bus Glass from?  The one who sold me a beetle blockoff plate saying it was a type 2 of early vintage......  Guess I should have brought the measurements with me.  Learning curve...........  

JB WELD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OMG.  I heard some cheesy S*** before but that takes the cake.  John you should be shot and pissed on for, if nothing else, warning him about the wheels.  GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE.  
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline volksbug

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 12:50:20 AM »
Unfortunatly there is nothing we can help James out with the car.  Heater channels(not there) , Front frame horn (rusted through),  Front beam(rusted through) he's taking out motor  (his rebuilt)  the trans and wheels and scraping the rest.  He asked me if there was anything i wanted off it  But couldn't find anything worth while!  Marcel

Offline HeliMike

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2004, 08:36:48 AM »
As for Rudy - well I probably shouldn't be holding a grudge after 10+ years and I shouldn't have compared my deal with the this deal because it pale's (spelling) in comparison to this joke of a deal.

I'll edit that out of my post. My appologies - off topic.
If you guys can edit it out too that would be great.

As for this kid, what exactly what has transpired out of this deal now?
Has there been any sort of compensation for him at all?
Any arrangements been made between the two to better the situation?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 08:43:00 AM by Gutterslug »
67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline volksbug

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2004, 09:41:20 AM »
When i saw James on THurs.  nothing new has transpired ,hasn't heard any more from John,  Obviously John dosn't intend any compensation.  James apparently getting a car from Hans and put his drivetrain in it.  Marcel

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2004, 08:41:35 PM »
I know I am a ways away but I got some good doors and fenders for a beetle that this kid can have if the new car needs em. Let him know he can PM and if I have any parts he may NEED.....I maight be able to help. Coming down on Saturday so let me know.

As for the tight knit community; I truly appreciate all the free advice and the ribbings back and forth on this forum. If it's a free armrest for Matt or some parts for a kid that's gotten a bum deal so that all can be made right I'd say I'm in. If we all pitch in a few parts, a little time and so on then that close knit stuff stays that way.

Sounds real hokey but that kind of stuff is what has kept me in this circle.  
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.