Author Topic: Wtb - Carpet  (Read 4616 times)

Offline James Buchan

Wtb - Carpet
« on: May 10, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »
I need the rear wheel well pieces in Gray - anyone have any? Or does anyone have any large pieces that I will be able to cut my own out of?

Offline moni

• http://www.texturedimpressions.com
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 10:49:23 AM »
you should talk to bill while he's still in school, they've got some awesome discounted stuff at kwantlen. i picked up carpet for something stupid, like 8 bucks a yard when it's usually 25.  
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral.

Offline kirin

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 10:50:10 AM »
Hey James
You can have my old carpet set(Its kind of purplish gray) Behind the luggauge tray,heater channels rockers and.. whatever else. Make me an offer..:P If your interested i'm sure you and I can work something out. I owe you something anyways
-Kirin
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline James Buchan

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 11:06:39 AM »
All my carpet is in except over the rear wheel well. Gotta be grey but thanks kirin.

Offline kirin

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 11:09:50 AM »
No purplish gray for you huh :(

Offline thrasherbill

• http://www.volksrods.com/id103.htm
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 09:06:56 PM »
James I'll check the college out for ya but not until next week. I'm doing slave labour at Tuck and Cover this week for my practicum.

ThrasheR
Screw preservation... hand me that Sawzall!

CLICK.

Pinhead Lounge

Offline kirin

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 09:18:29 PM »
you taking the trim program underneath the M man Bill?

Offline thrasherbill

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 09:21:16 PM »
you taking the trim program underneath the M man Bill?
If the M man is Menno Janzen, then yes, that is the course I am taking. Finish up in June then off into the workforce I go.

ThrasheR

CLICK.

Pinhead Lounge

Offline kirin

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 09:22:39 PM »
Yup Menno Janzen. Glad to see we will have one more excellent trimmer out in the workforce in june..
Good luck bill!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 07:02:16 AM »
I have some Orange Shag.... :rolleyes: I think it wll go well with the blue air intake
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 07:21:59 AM »
Yup Menno Janzen. Glad to see we will have one more excellent trimmer out in the workforce in june..
Good luck bill!
You dont know of any GOOD trimmers do you Kirin?

Offline kirin

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 07:27:53 AM »
Hey is that a Rhetorical question Brian?
-Kirin

Offline Al Canuck

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2004, 08:57:19 PM »
Good luck bill!
Brian, why the hell do you bother? Do you think I won't see your posts? Really sad. It's evident that you're extrememly jealous of me, and my business. I know someone who interviewed with you last year, and turned it down because they thought you were a weirdo, and your shop was beneath them. Seriously, it must burn you up that you scrape gum from bus seats, and I have a shop full of vintage German iron to work on. It's really sad to see you constantly attack my work, when you know in your heart that it is top notch.

Bill, Menno's program is very good, and I hear that you're doing well in it, unlike many of the other freaks that are in it this year. Keep it up, and good luck to you. If you would like to hear what Brian Cook thinks of the program, shoot me a message, and I'll fill you in.

Al

Matt

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2004, 10:18:42 PM »
Good luck bill!
Brian, why the hell do you bother? Do you think I won't see your posts? Really sad. It's evident that you're extrememly jealous of me, and my business. I know someone who interviewed with you last year, and turned it down because they thought you were a weirdo, and your shop was beneath them. Seriously, it must burn you up that you scrape gum from bus seats, and I have a shop full of vintage German iron to work on. It's really sad to see you constantly attack my work, when you know in your heart that it is top notch.

Bill, Menno's program is very good, and I hear that you're doing well in it, unlike many of the other freaks that are in it this year. Keep it up, and good luck to you. If you would like to hear what Brian Cook thinks of the program, shoot me a message, and I'll fill you in.

Al
Settle down there junior. By the way you sound you must be friends with SHC.

Offline thrasherbill

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 11:50:40 PM »
Al, I am well aware of what Brian thinks of the course. I have been friends with Brian for many years. He also was a major reason for getting me interested in the course so obviously his differences with the instructor did not take away from what value the course holds (to him or me). I now have a job at a well respected shop, have been offered an apprenticeship, and have been doing some work at home as well so Menno must be doing something right. I have not decided what I am going to take just yet, I'm still exploring some options. I get along just fine with Menno but there are others in the class that do not, and they have still become competant trimmers. It's just a personallity conflict. I highly recommend the course to anyone interested in getting into the trade, just remember to take what you can from it and you will benefit from it. One day I might even understand why Al the BMW guy hangs out on VW forums. Was it you or you wife that actually took the course?

ThrasheR

CLICK.

Pinhead Lounge

Offline Al Canuck

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2004, 12:13:22 AM »

I have no idea who SHC is, and I'm not junior, but thanx for your input. You have no idea of the history of this situation, so please don't comment on it.

Bill, I'm glad that you're enjoying Menno's program, and have learned some things in it. It bothered me to no end when I saw Brian attack it on another forum. I have great respect for Menno, and the course he offers. We're very lucky that it continues to run, and hasn't been shut down yet. It will be a shame when that day eventually comes. I hope someone will step to the plate, and take it over.

Why do I hang out on VW forums? Simple. I have owned 16 VW's, including the 1 that is currently in my stable. I apprenticed as a mechanic at a VW/Audi/Porsche dealer for 3 years, and have spent many years working on them, building them, racing them, and generally enjoying them. I'm very well known in the VW world, and will be around for a long time. Good enough?

Al

ps - Anita took the course. I learned trim the hard way, and continue to learn it every day. I spend much of my day looking after all of the non-trim related aspects of running our shop, including heading up the complete restoration jobs that we take on.  

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2004, 07:25:10 AM »
Good luck bill!

Al
WTF! First of all I really dont care if you see my posts. Secondly, Jealous? I dont think there is anything to be jealous about. Ive seen your site and it pretty much speaks for itself. No one ever interviewed me, Ive been working for this company for 15 years. But if you must know that I had someone come to me with a GTI and he said the same about you. Why are you not on the VWDOV forum? Too much bad advise that you gave bit you on the ass. As far as scraping gum off the seats, I get paid pretty well to do it. As far as Menno goes, its MY opinion and if you dont agree with it thats up to you. Everyone has an opinion and just because people dont agree with you doesnt mean its wrong. I would put my quality of work up against yours anyday! This really does not belong here so lets  can take this somewhere else!

Offline James Buchan

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2004, 08:00:20 AM »
Ya get outta my thread carpet munchers!!!!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2004, 08:01:55 AM »
Wow my little love spat with SHC has nothin on this..... Watch out he pulled out his scissors and 3 buttons... He is gonna button yer lip up... :o

Ok OK sorry Had to lighten the moment......

:wub:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Stephan Schmidt

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2004, 08:22:10 AM »
I don't even know AL.  the SHC is a name made up by mature people who get their fun by pointing fingers at other peoples mistakes.

why point out the speck of dust in someone elses eye, when you have a plank in your own eye?

Stephan

Matt

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 08:27:24 AM »

why point out the speck of dust in someone elses eye, when you have a plank in your own eye?

Stephan
People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Are you trying to start round 2 with me. I thought I put you to bed last time, stop flappin your gums.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 10:19:22 AM by Matt »

Offline moni

• http://www.texturedimpressions.com
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 09:22:27 AM »
You have no idea of the history of this situation, so please don't comment on it.
if this is a personal/professional spat between two or however many people, take it elsewhere -- ie. in a more conducive realm, such as PM, email, phone. it's one thing to get into an argument or discussion when someone raises a point on the forums, but it's completely another to launch into a tirade because of some long-standing feud. this stuff doesn't belong here.

i don't like jumping into stuff like this, but this thread started with james' request for carpet and his classified post has been totally hijacked. take your fight elsewhere please.
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral.

Offline hellgti

• http://
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »
hmmm.... how does that saying go???

fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics.  no matter who wins, they're still a retard!!!!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 09:29:30 AM by six deuce »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 09:29:15 AM »
if this is a personal/professional spat between two or however many people, take it elsewhere -- ie. in a more conducive realm, such as PM, email, phone. it's one thing to get into an argument or discussion when someone raises a point on the forums, but it's completely another to launch into a tirade because of some long-standing feud. this stuff doesn't belong here.

i don't like jumping into stuff like this, but this thread started with james' request for carpet and his classified post has been totally hijacked. take your fight elsewhere please.
You go Girl  ;)  part 2
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 09:34:10 AM »

fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics.  no matter who wins, they're still a retard!!!!

I are not a retard!!!!! My mom says so....She says I am special....

Good point!!! Fair evaluation as well....
Kinda like drivin a Honda!!! :huh:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline hellgti

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2004, 09:37:16 AM »

fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics.  no matter who wins, they're still a retard!!!!

I are not a retard!!!!! My mom says so....She says I am special....

Good point!!! Fair evaluation as well....
Kinda like drivin a Honda!!! :huh:
ouch....the girlfriend drives the honda now!!!  i swear!!!

......just not today  :blush:  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2004, 10:51:04 AM »
Kinda back fired eh..... ^_^
We are now both special.... wil yu be my fren????

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline hellgti

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2004, 11:00:30 AM »
of course!!!

maybe we can install this on my honda together!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html

Offline kirin

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2004, 01:28:14 PM »
Sooooo on topic pointblank :rolleyes:  

Offline James Buchan

Wtb - Carpet
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2004, 02:42:50 PM »
Thanks to anyone that offered - Gary had a piece for me.