Author Topic: Wiring Hardnes  (Read 2243 times)

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
Wiring Hardnes
« on: June 05, 2006, 06:39:19 PM »

Now the wiring hadnes it runs next to the right heating channel and actually goes in and out of it.

any tricks in how to do this?

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Wiring Hardnes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 06:51:34 PM »
if the old harness is still in the car, tape the end of the new harness to the end of the old one and as you pull the old one out the new one is fed into its place.

make sure you secure the 2 harnesses together well and pull with care. if it snags dont yank on it, work it back & forth until it goes.

good luck.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:52:37 PM by silas »

Offline Chris

• Car.
Wiring Hardnes
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 06:54:43 PM »
you can also leave it and run a new one through the upper channels of the roof, keep the wiring out of the moisture that can be found in heater channels, I did this with mine and you can do it fairly easily with a fish tape, which I think you could rent from home depot.

if you decide to go with silas idea of securing the 2 harnesses together it is advisable to tie a piece of string to the end you will pull through, that way if it snags you can back it out, or in the event the 2 come apart you can still use the string to pull through..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:56:04 PM by 1976BUS »

Offline egspot

Wiring Hardnes
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:02:52 PM »
I did not stated my question correctly]

My hardnes is good, I need to keep it.

You can see the hardnes along the bottom and enters the channel at the front and exits upward.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Wiring Hardnes
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 09:50:02 PM »
well you will have to remove it, so you may want to replace it, seeing as it has been there for 30 some odd years, a little prevention is better than a wasted weekend of rewiring due to corroded wires.

Offline egspot

Wiring Hardnes
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 10:08:23 PM »
well you will have to remove it, so you may want to replace it, seeing as it has been there for 30 some odd years, a little prevention is better than a wasted weekend of rewiring due to corroded wires.

got it,... It took me a while,

Old harness should be replaced.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Wiring Hardnes
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 10:39:28 PM »

got it,... It took me a while,

Old harness should be replaced.
Only if you want to but if your going to start cutting it to get it out then plan on a new one. If your electrically competent then just get a buggy harness and modify it as you need or go see the boys at airspeed and let them set you up with the full replacement harness, save yourself time and grief...

Good luck