Author Topic: Almost Road Worthy!  (Read 5245 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Almost Road Worthy!
« on: June 14, 2005, 10:14:38 AM »
Well the van is getting closer to being road worthy, not finished but close enough to drive to this weekends show. I have spent the last week or more on all the little things, wiring, changing shocks,tierods,pitman arm,instaling the dash, working on shift linkage, setting ride height,fitting,welding and preping rear bumper,making seats fit, tuning the motor (lots of time working on the carbs, jetting cleaning and syncing and the list go's on.

The newly powdercoated dash top going in.

The gauges now work!

Last night I painted the inner cargo area as well as mounted midle seat mounts. These were made like the originals so I can instal a factory midle seat when I need to.
A few shots of the floor,seat mount instal.
These are the mountsthat were made (just like the originals.)

The light yellow on the floor is a texturized gravel guard, It was later sprayed over the entire floor before painting.

All the seat mounts in place!

Time to spray! The bus in it's protective bubble :wacko:  **Note all safety gear used, shorts, T shirt and no eye protection, just like the profesionals  B)

Last shot is just after the spray, I just wanted to get some paint on the inside floor and walls. This will all be covered with interior.

3 days left before the show this weekend, Like I said before it's no where finished quality yet but I'll be there with it.......then I'm going to sleep for a week. B)