Author Topic: Hey All  (Read 2725 times)

Offline CommodoreCollector

• Reborn Relics
Hey All
« on: September 30, 2014, 05:23:11 PM »
I have been lurking here for a little while, finally decided to make an account. I got into VW's last summer and started out the by buying a 1958 VW Panel van out of Creston.... my collection has grown since. My whole interest really goes back to earlier in 2013 after seeing a post from KCW and how they resurrected a 356 coupe, I almost bought one of those that year but ended up stepping back since the cost to restore it would put me too far in the red. I am still playing on getting and restoring 356's just not as quickly. As it stands right now I am in the process of opening up my own Restoration shop, which will offer Metal work, body and paint. Just the only thing slowing me down is financing right now. Anyways, I am always interested in saving any vw as long as it is not too far gone.

thanks,
Chris

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Re: Hey All
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »
Welcome Chris, where are you setting up shop?
brian waz

• Reborn Relics
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 06:58:38 PM »
thanks Bwaz!
I'm setting up my business in Duncan, BC.

Offline Splitty Ken

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 07:01:58 PM »
Welcome Chris, any pictures?
Don't have a plan, and nothing can go wrong...

• Reborn Relics
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »
I have some pictures of my 58' Panel posted on the Victoria VW Club website. I would post a link to the thread but I keep getting this: "Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links."

I do have several other buses too, i'll just add that to my signature.

Offline WESTY69

• Just Slam it and Drive It !!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
Glad to see you finally made it here Chris . I've had the pleasure of getting to know this guy this summer , full of ambition with big dreams that are slowly coming to fruition .
Here on Airspeed you will find so many guys with so much knowledge and talent , it's a one stop shop here for a massive variety of Volkswagen questions , parts and vehicles .

Welcome and enjoy , any questions , just text me and we will get you sorted threw it all :)
Those that mind , don't matter !!
Those that matter , don't mind :)

• Reborn Relics
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 02:32:47 AM »
Thanks Jerry!
If only I could get what I need done for the shop in late Sept. early October but again, its all moving at a snails pace now.
For those wondering about my username - It originates from another car club I am part of. The Hudson Essex Terraplane Club in the USA. The Hudson Commodore series started in 1941 and was discontinued in 1952 in exchange for the Hornet and Wasp Series along with the Jet. My very first classic car I own is a 1949 Hudson Commodore 6 Sedan, which needs a lot of TLC. I have owned a 47' Hudson Commodore, but ended up trading it shortly after when I was going to school in the USA. They are unique cars to say the least but a lot heavier and more complicated to work on than VW's and not to mention parts are harder to find. At least with VW's we have a choice when it comes to reproduction sheet metal and parts readily available.

• Reborn Relics
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »
here is my 58'

and my 65'

• Reborn Relics
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 10:41:44 PM »
Here is my 1958 Single Cab (picture when it was still up north)

The 59' Single Cab. Which has rusty as it seems is going to be restored. Plan is to make her my business shop truck :)

The 1961 Single Cab I bought from Byron and needs a lot of TLC too. Finally my 1960 Panel is the last of my buses that needs to come home, hopefully this year.

I do have other VW project which at this time I would rather not disclose at this time. How ever, once they are restored or repaired to my standards will be listed for sale.

PS - I am all for saving Split Buses and hopefully once my shop is open I can occasionally go on a road trip to save another from being cut up.

Offline billybob57

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 06:18:41 AM »
Welcome!! Nice herd you have there...lol

• Reborn Relics
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 07:10:07 AM »
thanks Billy!
Nice 55 Panel you have :)

Offline StrictlyAaron

• AirSpeed Forum Member