Author Topic: Dist. Choice  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Trevor P

Dist. Choice
« on: December 21, 2005, 08:16:33 PM »
Need some opinions on dist. selection for my NA 2332. I have heard good things about the Mallory unilite, but how does it compare to the MSD, 009, 010, or even the Pertronix?
'53 Barndoor single cab
'57 Cal-look oval 2332cc / Berg 5
'70 911T

Offline Bubba

Dist. Choice
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 09:23:47 PM »
I like the bigger units such as the MSD and the Mallory, less misfires due to carbon tracking.  Also, you get choices on how fast your advance gets in with the different spring kits available.  

I picked the MSD because of the compatibility and triggering for the digital box.

The Unilite is also an excellent choice.

I have never owned a Pertronix anything, but there are a lot of horror stories out there about those modules.

The 009 is a good unit if you can find a good German one, but some of the newer ones seem to have quality issues.

A good rebuilt 010 is a nice dizzy for the street/strip as well.  There is a fellow on this board named Glenn who does a bang up job rebuilding Bosch dizzies, from what I hear.

Just my .02

Csaba

64 Beetle
86 Nissan Multi
81 Rabbit
90 Malibu Euro F3
94 H-D FXDWG

Any country that protects rights of criminals over rights of honest citizens is not worth living in.

Offline Tom H.

• http://home.att.net/~drsowatt/index.html
Dist. Choice
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 07:37:04 AM »
I really like the Mallory dizzys. The Unilite is incredibly stablewhen you have a timing light hooked up, just awesome. The vacume advance models are also really kool for street use as you can dial it in and pickup some better fuel milage.

The dual point I'm running in the notch is acytually just a single point now which triggers the Berg Ignitor, no curret across the points and the points will last as long as the rubbing block.  

Offline James Buchan

Dist. Choice
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 07:55:16 AM »
Yup Glenn does some really nice work with 010, 019's etc. If you want a stock looking unit get ahold of him. I have heard good things about the mallory products but have never used one. I am very happy with my MSD system.

Pay once, Cry once!