Author Topic: Pedal Stop (WW Pans)  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Chris W

• Portland Oregon
Pedal Stop (WW Pans)
« on: January 07, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
I have WW pans and am mocking up my pedals. Is it normal to have to put and bend in the stop like the picture? I am guessing the stock pans stop is more towards the rear of the car.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:36:17 PM by Chris W »

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Re: Pedal Stop (WWW Pans)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 08:58:24 PM »
you've got worldwideweb pans...? :D ;)

i dont have experience with the ww pans...but when i replaced the og drivers pan on my 64 with a cheapo brazil one...i had to mess with the pedal stop. for me...it did seem like the og pan pedal stop mounting hole was more towards the rear of the car than the aftermarket one. i welded a small piece of steel the same thickness and width as the pedal stop to the pedal stop to make it "longer", elongated the hole in the "new" stop for adjustability, and shaved a bit of material of the top of the end of the "L" so it would clear the bottom of the pedal when the pedal moved through it's travel. does that make sense? not sure...but it worked like a charm! ;D

regardless...as long as you've got clear pedal travel, the pedals can be set right, and clearances are allright...i'd say you're good to go!

gotta love the mock up...it's looking good buddy! :cool:

Offline Chris W

• Portland Oregon
Re: Pedal Stop (WW Pans)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »
All makes sense! The pans are very nice, but you think they could get the stop in the right place.

I will make a new alu one that follows the floor better.