Author Topic: Heater Flap for SB  (Read 1840 times)

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Heater Flap for SB
« on: March 28, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »
SO I can not find the cables for the front heater flap control on my dad's 79 SB. Are they not available? I also looked into CIP for new heater control flaps as his are broken and rusty. On the picture I see this

http://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D111%2D898%2D189%2DA

Do the replacement ones have a manual control at the actual flap? Is that why I cannot find the cables for the front ones?

HELP!  :-*
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline Bruce

Re: Heater Flap for SB
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:35:47 AM »
I don't think you will ever find those cables.  I've never seen them offered anywhere ever.  You might be able to find them in a dead car.  I think there's one in mine.

The heater outlets you linked to are adjusted by reaching down and moving them manually.  Since the cables in my car weren't hooked up, I installed the earlier hand adjustable ones.

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Re: Heater Flap for SB
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 08:30:04 AM »
Perfect thanks Bruce. I was hoping that's how they worked as I already have the carpet in and it would have been a pain in the arse to remove it all to try and fit the cables.
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.