Author Topic: K&L and swing or???????  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Gasoline

K&L and swing or???????
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:20:30 PM »
I'm going to build a type1 D/D but what i'm looking to find out is, what is going to be more driver friendly, IRS ball joint pan or swing and K&L pan? The oval will be running 205/60s on the rear and 195/45s up front and low as I can go.

Offline dirtydeedss

Re: K&L and swing or???????
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:04:49 PM »
king/link will get your car lower to ground if low is what you want.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:06:28 AM »
With those tires and a pair of dropped spindles, it's possible to scrape the ground with the beam of a ball joint car.  But that's not driver friendly.

Ball joint rides better than K&L.  IRS handles way better than swing axle.  BJ gets you cheap front discs, and IRS gets you bigger drums.  Better brakes = driver friendly.

Offline Gasoline

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »
Thanks for all the feed back guys. You_Rock_Emoticon Just a couple more questions for you. If i go ball joint and narrow the beam (2") does anyone make a shorten sway bar to work with this set up? or will a stock unit still do the trick? The other catch is i want to run 5 bolt BRM's for wheels. Can i convert a 4 bolt pan to five bolt with stock bolt on replacement parts? Last but not least if i ran smart car tires 175/55 (i think thats the size) on the front will i be able to tuck them with out rubbing with a 2" narrow beam and drop spindles? i think the wheels are 5 1/2wide.

Offline Gasoline

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 09:11:48 PM »
bump on the tech questions